Negative Feedback on eBay

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
weyistrilson
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:05 pm

I bought a print recently on eBay. I paid immediately after the auction ended via PayPal. The seller then took almost a month to send it to me (with no communication the entire time). He said he would refund my shipping money because it took so long. He said to look for it between the tube and the triangle box. Well, the print came and no envelope. I have asked him twice now if he still planned on sending it; still no communication after 2 messages to him. Is this situation appropriate for leaving negative feedback? I have never had to do it before.
thegig
Art Expert

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:24 pm

How long's it been since you sent the first message? Sort of (to me anyway) depends on how much the negative feedback is going to affect him. Does he have a whole bunch of positive feedback? If so, one negative won't kill him. But if he's relatively new, you don't want to totally drymount him. Or maybe you do. I'd give him a little while longer.
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:17 am

If you paid via paypal, he can (and IMHO should) make the refund via paypal. It's damn easy for the payee to do at any time after payment has been made.
The danger with neg feedbacks is the retaliation factor. Yes, it wouldn't be justified, but he could still zing you back with a neg as well - worth the risk? Would he do it?
Tra la la la la...
weyistrilson
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:06 pm

This seller only has 6 sales (of which one was neutral and the rest positive) and I have 9 (no sales, just buys). I was thinking about the whole retaliation thing. I paid immediately and made every attempt to get a hold of this guy. He had told me he was out of town most of the period of time. It was he who offered the return of shipping money and then didn't follow through. He has also not left me feedback yet.
thegig
Art Expert

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:15 pm

I'd wait a little while. Most people don't leave negative feedback for a couple months (unless it's really just egregious, which I'm not sure yours is - yet).
weyistrilson
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:24 pm

Thanks for all the advice fellas. I'm going to hold off for now.
phanatic420
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:41 pm

personally I would issue him an ultimatium: "refund my money or at the very least contact me by ____________ otherwise i will be forced to leave negative feedback." you can give him a week, a month or whatever and then he will have no excuses.
Foreverdrunk
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:35 pm

Wait. You got what you bought? From what i read you did. It take a month? well shipping could have been faster. He offered a refund and didnt send? well he isnt obligated to refund nothing. I think the max you can do is leave a neutral feedback...
Space for rent. Please pm/email me. Thanks
morst
EB Team

Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:06 am

why not leave a totally truthful positive one?

"D-minus! Seller had my money for a month before shipping, item ok, seller not so great"

PS you have 90 days after the end of the auction to leave the feed. "SNIPE IT" if you're gonna leave a neg.(wait til the last minute!)
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:18 am

morst wrote:why not leave a totally truthful positive one?

"D-minus! Seller had my money for a month before shipping, item ok, seller not so great"

PS you have 90 days after the end of the auction to leave the feed. "SNIPE IT" if you're gonna leave a neg.(wait til the last minute!)
I only use negative for real dirtbags......this seems more in the range of a neutral to me. But, don't feel bad about drilling them in your comments.
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:19 pm

[/quote]
I only use negative for real dirtbags......this seems more in the range of a neutral to me.[/quote]

I agree with this, I hardly ever leave someone a negative unless they basically beg for it, but I generally do this because I dont want negatives. Try what morst said and snipe 'em!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
weyistrilson
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:41 am

I left him a neutral, and of course 2 days later I got a credit in amount of shipping money he promised deposited in my PayPal. :lol:
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:36 am

ADFoltz wrote:I left him a neutral, and of course 2 days later I got a credit in amount of shipping money he promised deposited in my PayPal. :lol:
Nice work.......like two birds w/ one stone.
tela42499
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:41 pm

You actually can leave feedback for items after 90 days via a single transaction form. So, be careful about neg sniping.
First female EB staff member! Yeah bitches! It WAS all wonderful...