Suggestion: Browser description and homepage comment

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
tastyfresh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:48 am

Currently, it says:
EB Art Guide

What about changing it to something a little more music and graphic art related?

EB Art Guide - The resource for music related graphic art

or

EB Art Guide - Music related art from around the world

or

viewer's choice.

Also,
EB is an awesome force out there and I think that the front page doesn't explain enough about what we are all about or what we are or offer.

We provide a wealth of information about graphic art including information about past and current art sales. There are currently 73696 recorded sales for 27917 works of art. Our members have 11830 works for sale or trade. Have a look around.

What kind of graphic art? What kind of information? What works, what kind of works? members?

Just playing devil's advocate here. Sometimes we forsake the forest for the trees and I think that because of the recent skin changes around here, maybe a cool update on the front page is needed as well. I think maybe we take for granted that people will automatically know what we are all about seconds after they visit EB, we have a lot of stuff on this site and it's all very user-friendly (thomas, you rule!!!!!) but again, it all starts with the first impression. Try to look at it from a non-poster collector's, non-subjective point-of-view. A casual internet browser.

Finally, what about making the interviews title in the upper left be a hotlink to the rest of the interviews on the wiki (obviously as well as the *more interviews link)?

Anyhoo... I can babble forever.... thanks for reading this far

Alex
Arre we suggesting a new field? I am so farkern wasted right now. Wat is going on? I can;t quite rewad the screen. My copany bought the beer today. - Thomas, founder of EB
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:10 am

Can you propose alternate welcome text?
tastyfresh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:50 pm

The EB Art Guide - An art collector's community resource built and maintained by volunteers?

Something like that?
Arre we suggesting a new field? I am so farkern wasted right now. Wat is going on? I can;t quite rewad the screen. My copany bought the beer today. - Thomas, founder of EB
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:33 pm

The EB Art Guide - You won't find much about coffee here.

(what do i win?)
tastyfresh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:54 pm

Actually... that's quite awesome.
Flimby

Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:00 pm

Bread8 wrote:The EB Art Guide - You won't find much about coffee here.

(what do i win?)
Love it
macc5
EB Team

Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:04 pm

(what do i win?)

I see that all over a TSHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:10 pm

macc5 wrote:

(what do i win?)

I see that all over a TSHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Ditto!
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:40 pm

Well, i changed something.
Flimby

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:02 pm

sunsetbrew wrote:Well, i changed something.
NICE! :D
tastyfresh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:35 pm

Nice.
Now what do you think about this?

Now what about maybe changing this:
Expresso Beans is an art collector's community resource built and maintained by volunteers! We provide a wealth of information about graphic art including information about past and current art sales. There are currently 74142 recorded sales for 27930 works of art. Our members have 11835 works for sale or trade. Have a look around.

To this:
Expresso Beans is a not-for-profit art collector's community resource built and maintained by volunteers! We provide a wealth of information about graphic art including dimensions, editions, medium and technique, ebay auction tracking, past and current sales histories, price averages and much more. Free membership includes personal collection tracking, buying, selling and trading art, the exclusive EB matchmaker, forums and live chat, email notifications, to name just a few. Dive right in and have a look around!

Put this underneath the eb art awards winners box:

There are currently 74142 recorded art sales for 27930 works of art. Our members have 11835 works of art for sale or trade.
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:43 pm

bwhahahaha, that's too funny. glad i could help out.

and the rewording that alex came up fleshes out my smart-assed comment nicely.
tastyfresh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:01 pm

And I always liked seeing how many members there were.

Alex
tastyfresh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:03 pm

Wow.. awesome. I think we still come across slick but casual and it helps explain us a bit. That was alway's Allison's main complaint, if you are coming in green to the site and aren't already a collector it's a bit hard to understand what we are all about. Now, we rule.
macc5
EB Team

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:29 am

sure did!!! Nice!! :D