OK, I am functionally handicapped...

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
drowningcreek
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:26 pm

I am trying to start adding posters to my "collection," and i read the how to, yet I canot find the link to add them....

what am I doing wrong?
drowningcreek
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:29 pm

nevermind. I always figure it out AFTER I post the question....
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:37 am

drowningcreek wrote:nevermind. I always figure it out AFTER I post the question....
me too :)
shenanigans

Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:51 pm

can anyone tell me the basics of using expressobeans, because i'm new, and sooo confused :P
dougr
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:11 pm

shenanigans wrote:can anyone tell me the basics of using expressobeans, because i'm new, and sooo confused :P
welcome, shenanigans!

we are in the process of writing a User Guide and FAQ in the Help section of the Wiki (see the Wiki link to the left) but it has just been started and doesn't have much in it yet...keep an eye on it as it should grow over the next week or two.

what would you like to do?

you can use EB to keep track of what is in your collection (privately, or making a public list). list items for sale or trade, search for items for sale by other EB members or on eBay, or look up historical prices for an item. use the artist contacts to inquire about art availibility, direct from the artist themselves. you can add new art to EB, or add new images to existing entries. leave a comment on a specific piece of art, or a question about it.

welcome to the forums, if there's something specific you'd like to do please reply, and keep your eye on the "Help" section of the Wiki :)
shenanigans

Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:35 pm

how do i take items out of my collection, because i accidently put some pieces of art in "my collection" which i don't own... i was trying to bid on them or something.

and also how do i bid on items and how does the person go about contacting me if they are interested in selling them to me?

i probably should know this, but i'm at a loss. thanks so much for your help!!!
dougr
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:08 pm

shenanigans wrote:how do i take items out of my collection, because i accidently put some pieces of art in "my collection" which i don't own... i was trying to bid on them or something.
a couple methods of doing this: 1) from the "My Collection" view (thumbnail overview), click the red "C" next to a thumbnail of the item you'd like to edit and 2) from the basic view of an item, go to the Actions menu at the top and then click "Edit/Remove From My Collection"
shenanigans wrote:and also how do i bid on items and how does the person go about contacting me if they are interested in selling them to me?
if you see someone who has an item listed in their "For Sale/Trade" folder, send them a Private Message (PM). tell them you're interested in the item and ask for a price, or make an offer.

a handy tool is the Match Maker, found under the "My Stuff" menu. it shows the people who have your "In Search Of"s (ISO's) in their For Sale or Trade (FS/T) list, and those who are ISO of the items in your FS/T list.
shenanigans wrote:i probably should know this, but i'm at a loss. thanks so much for your help!!!
no problem, it can be confusing!
shenanigans

Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:53 pm

okay one more thing. i've found some pieces of art that i wanted to purchase and they gave me an offer, so how will i go about paying them? i know its cash only, but will there be a money order transfer or something?
dougr
Site Admin

Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:17 pm

shenanigans wrote:okay one more thing. i've found some pieces of art that i wanted to purchase and they gave me an offer, so how will i go about paying them? i know its cash only, but will there be a money order transfer or something?
ask them what they'd like to do. many will do a paypal transfer, others prefer a check or money order.