how long does it take for art i submitted to be approved?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
Flimby

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:15 pm

http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... _Art_Guide

add a few to start so we are on the same page as far as images, name formatting etc
it takes a few days to a week for listings to be approved depending on the satellite

welcome
madamburnside
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks for that. I will add some more.
aahnutz
EB Team

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:45 pm

Just so you (and others) know - there are over 200 art submissions waiting to be approved. It might be a while. Thanks for your patience.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
madamburnside
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Oh, I see. Thank you. What happened to the information beneath the graph alogorithms? It used to tell you where something was sold. Is that one of the things EB is phasing out?
aahnutz
EB Team

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:18 pm

madamburnside wrote:...What happened to the information beneath the graph alogorithms? It used to tell you where something was sold. Is that one of the things EB is phasing out?
There's a new "Price History" tab - on the upper left of each listing. Click on that and it will show you that information.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
dukakus88
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:24 am

aahnutz wrote:Just so you (and others) know - there are over 200 art submissions waiting to be approved. It might be a while. Thanks for your patience.
Wow, I need to be more thorough gathering information. You guys really do a great job.
hellosir
Art Freak

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:04 am

Just a quick q, I added a submission for a MIllward sketch twice now, the first time being about two weeks ago I believe. I know there must be a backlog, but now i'm thinking maybe I screwed up during the process?
weallen
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:13 am

hellosir wrote:Just a quick q, I added a submission for a MIllward sketch twice now, the first time being about two weeks ago I believe. I know there must be a backlog, but now i'm thinking maybe I screwed up during the process?
I'm wondering the same thing. Several of my submissions go back to early/mid February. But some of my more recent submissions show up after only a day or so. I thought I was carefully following the criteria (resizing images, etc.) but I just don't know if I've screwed something up. I know the EB crew has their hands full and I know we all greatly appreciate their efforts but I don't want to re-submit something unless I know it's not approved for some reason. Just leaves me wondering what's going on with submissions from some time ago.

Addendum - Several of my wayward submissions were approved this morning. Thanks EB staff!!
http://www.billallenphotos.com Live Concert Photography and More...
whalaw
Site Admin

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:42 am

jimmybobo1
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:09 pm

It would be nice when adding a new print or a new auction if we could edit it, maybe like a 15 minute window. Several times I am adding auctions and end up putting it in as a 1st edition and its a AP or something....
weallen
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 09, 2010 11:09 am

weallen wrote:
hellosir wrote:Just a quick q, I added a submission for a MIllward sketch twice now, the first time being about two weeks ago I believe. I know there must be a backlog, but now i'm thinking maybe I screwed up during the process?
I'm wondering the same thing. Several of my submissions go back to early/mid February. But some of my more recent submissions show up after only a day or so. I thought I was carefully following the criteria (resizing images, etc.) but I just don't know if I've screwed something up. I know the EB crew has their hands full and I know we all greatly appreciate their efforts but I don't want to re-submit something unless I know it's not approved for some reason. Just leaves me wondering what's going on with submissions from some time ago.
Hate to beat a dying horse but...
I still have submissions that seem to have vanished into the EB black hole - some as far back as February. I'd just like to see them see the light of day, or, if there are problems with them (I don't think there were any), at least see them rejected. I've read the two links I was directed to by whalaw above but, frankly, they don't offer any answers about why submissions from February would not have had a response by now. That said, sometimes submissions/corrections get handled the same day they are submitted. But it makes me reluctant to submit new stuff when I've got other submissions that have been in limbo for a few months.
Not meaning to rant - just curious about these long in the tooth submissions. In spite of this - many thanks to the EB staff for everything y'all do.
http://www.billallenphotos.com Live Concert Photography and More...
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Tue May 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Without knowing specifically what it was, it can be hard to know what the hold up is. A lot of times it can be a mis-title (or complete lack thereof) which may keep staff folks from even looking at the submission till they have a good amount of time to do so. If a title looks good, then odds are better that the info inside will be more in line and complete, thus making better use of the time to get more approved. Did that make any sense?????
Tra la la la la...
aahnutz
EB Team

Wed May 12, 2010 6:01 am

weallen wrote:Hate to beat a dying horse but...
I still have submissions that seem to have vanished into the EB black hole - some as far back as February. I'd just like to see them see the light of day, or, if there are problems with them (I don't think there were any), at least see them rejected. I've read the two links I was directed to by whalaw above but, frankly, they don't offer any answers about why submissions from February would not have had a response by now. That said, sometimes submissions/corrections get handled the same day they are submitted. But it makes me reluctant to submit new stuff when I've got other submissions that have been in limbo for a few months.
Not meaning to rant - just curious about these long in the tooth submissions. In spite of this - many thanks to the EB staff for everything y'all do.
They're done. Overall your submissions were spot on with only one piece mis-titled. The Dance Lesson one was a little confusing to me though. I still have to edit in all the band names for the festival posters. That's gonna take a considerable amount of time so please be patient with that. I'll probably get to those later tonight. (Gotta work. :wink: ) I can't give you a reason for the delay other than we have had a huge backlog for the past few months. At one time we had over 200 pieces waiting for approval. That can be a little overwhelming to look at. I can only speak for myself, but I know I've had to spend an enormous amount of time the past few months moderating the forums. Unfortunately some of our members feel they need to continually cause a ruckus. Time spent on petty issues could have been better served on other aspects of the site with art approvals being one of them. Again, sorry for the delay. Please don't let that deter you from adding more art. Thanks. :)
Non-Fiction
Art Expert

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:51 am

Mods,

Submitted an OG on Sunday and I still do not see it listed?????
It is a Marq Spusta print and was wondering whhy it has not been added????

3 days is LONG ENOUGH!!

What is the DEAL??? :pint:
Mention
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 am

Overloaded moderators... It'll get there.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein