What on the current EB site needs fixing?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
1nkling
Site Admin

Mon May 20, 2019 8:12 am

Sporspec wrote:Are PMs working properly? I haven't had a single PM I've sent after May 6 actually be read or responded to.

75-80% of my PMs I sent on or before May 6 went read or responded to. Granted I registered May 5, but it was quite a few because there are a few prints I'm ISO.

Could just be bad luck but very odd.

Edit: I see email notifications aren't going out. That could explain it. Has that been fixed?
Mail notifications have been going out for your PM's. If they're not being answered it could be that the members aren't checking their mail or aren't interested in replying.

Emails were down for a day or two after the site move on the 14th.
1nkling
Site Admin

Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 am

southerngarden wrote:- I don't seem to be getting email messages when I get a PM...I see that a lot of people have posted about that.

- any time I write in any thread, it seems to subscribe me to that thread and I get emails every time anyone else posts in that thread. every time I post, I hav to go into my settings and unsubscribe myself from the thread I just posted in, otherwise I get lots of emails letting me know that other people posted in that thread.

- ill add a print to my collection but as of the new server switch, the print doesn't show up in my collection?
Emails should be working now. They were down for a while after the move.

You had 'Notify me upon replies by default:' selected in your user profile settings. I've turned it off.

- Not sure why items aren't getting added to your collection. I'll mention it to the tech team. Anyone else having that issue?
Sporspec

Mon May 20, 2019 8:01 pm

1nkling wrote:
Sporspec wrote:Are PMs working properly? I haven't had a single PM I've sent after May 6 actually be read or responded to.

75-80% of my PMs I sent on or before May 6 went read or responded to. Granted I registered May 5, but it was quite a few because there are a few prints I'm ISO.

Could just be bad luck but very odd.

Edit: I see email notifications aren't going out. That could explain it. Has that been fixed?
Mail notifications have been going out for your PM's. If they're not being answered it could be that the members aren't checking their mail or aren't interested in replying.

Emails were down for a day or two after the site move on the 14th.
Thanks!

I figured it was possible people just weren't interested, but a lot just sat in outbox suggesting people weren't even reading. Seemed odd and abrupt.

Thanks for letting me know!
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sat May 25, 2019 9:46 am

Request - All links open in a new tab.

1. When a link opens over EB, we lose our browsing spot. If we were to start clicking all over the link we just opened, good luck going "back" to EB.
2. I know EB doesn't collect ad revenue, but if they did, you would want the user to stay on EB.com for as long as possible. So, it makes sense from a revenue standpoint (which this site doesn't have so not sure why I'm listing it as a reason).
3. I don't want to right click > open in new tab

I just think it makes sense.
1nkling
Site Admin

Sat May 25, 2019 3:05 pm

HisBobness wrote:Request - All links open in a new tab.
Hell yeah. Something I've wanted for a long while. I've actually changed the code on other forums I've run to add this.

We'll see how the forum handles links once it's upgraded and if needed we can look at editing the code.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sat May 25, 2019 3:59 pm

1nkling wrote:
HisBobness wrote:Request - All links open in a new tab.
Hell yeah. Something I've wanted for a long while. I've actually changed the code on other forums I've run to add this.

We'll see how the forum handles links once it's upgraded and if needed we can look at editing the code.
Yes! Great!!
ricv64
Art Expert

Mon May 27, 2019 10:40 pm

When I try to add art it won't scroll past manufacturer . None of the other info is there ?
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue May 28, 2019 6:38 am

ricv64 wrote:When I try to add art it won't scroll past manufacturer . None of the other info is there ?
We have had a couple of people mention this on occasion but can't seem to replicate it. What browser are you using?
ricv64
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2019 7:40 am

google chrome

Leokani Okauwila
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue May 28, 2019 7:50 am

ricv64 wrote:google chrome
Ok. Someone else who was having the issue was also using google chrome. A different browser worked for them.

However I'm using google chrome and it works for me. Confusing.
ricv64
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2019 8:33 am

I tried microsoft edge and while I was able to fill it out completely when I clicked submit I kept getting server error

Leokani Okauwila
whalaw
Site Admin

Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 pm

I'm unable to edit my own post at the beginning of the "Changes" thread. If possible, can we get that corrected?
soupysound
EB Team

Tue May 28, 2019 4:23 pm

1nkling wrote:
ricv64 wrote:google chrome
Ok. Someone else who was having the issue was also using google chrome. A different browser worked for them.

However I'm using google chrome and it works for me. Confusing.
chrome had a scrolling issue that was fixed when they changed the zoom on the screen back to 100%.... maybe that will fix it?
ricv64
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2019 4:37 pm

I'm at 100%

Leokani Okauwila
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue May 28, 2019 4:44 pm

whalaw wrote:I'm unable to edit my own post at the beginning of the "Changes" thread. If possible, can we get that corrected?
I've passed that on and they're looking into it. Could possibly be because of the size that post has got to maybe.