importing from outside website?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
cire85

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi new here,

Was searching forums to see if its possible to import collection from an outside website ie.. artcollectorz or even an artist website. I also seem to have a large amount of variants releases yet to be added to EB, is there a less painless way of adding art then one piece at a time. Last night, I tried to submit a few variants/new pieces. After my third attempt I kept getting a 413 error regarding to large?

Thanks,
E
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:50 pm

There is no way to import a collection from another site. And with regard to adding variants to existing art entries, you should not be using the "Add Art" functionality for that, which could be why they weren't added. That function is for adding all new entries. You should post requests for new editions of existing entries in the Entry Correction thread, with as much information about the new edition as possible. I work both, so if you have any questions, let me know.
So it goes...
cire85

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 am

Ok, I've read the help forum on adding art and understand. Think my original problem came down to pixel size of the pieces regarding the 413 error. But now my problem is that some pieces seem to sit in limbo while others get pushed through. Meanwhile, some of these pieces in limbo are already listed on Art Collectorz. I have my whole collection in a excel book and was looking for a place to share my collection with friends other than dropbox.

Thanks for the reply.
E
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:39 am

Did you not read my reply? I addressed why some of your entries aren't being approved. You're going about it the wrong way. If you search for a piece of art, and find that it's in the database already in some form, don't use the "Add Art" or "Add Similar Art" functions to add new editions. That's not what those functions are for. As my post just before stated:
You should post requests for new editions of existing entries in the Entry Correction thread, with as much information about the new edition as possible.
And again, if you have any questions, let me know. Feel free to message me directly. I work on both the new submission queue and the entry correction thread.
So it goes...