Member Usage Policy: pedophilia accusations

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.

Postby jojobadass on Sun May 27, 2018 9:50 pm

is this about the michael jackson tv special?
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 19924
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

and for everything else under the sun; including fine art, art prints, toys and other junk....be sure to check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosfineart.com

Postby talkingdeads on Mon May 28, 2018 12:47 am

Oh dang Shawn is still here? There may be hope yet
User avatar
talkingdeads
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6816
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: it's subjective

Postby mr_rugby on Mon May 28, 2018 10:57 am

jojobadass wrote:is this about the michael jackson tv special?


Welcome Back!
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6021
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon May 28, 2018 11:49 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
PLUSH wrote:Links, pics, or it didn't happen.


ygolohcysp wrote:I'm not going to put a link here, no reason to draw more attention to it. I already reported the post when I saw it but the volunteers are swamped with other things.

I think the trump thread has enough attention already...
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5406
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby aahnutz on Tue May 29, 2018 8:16 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:Have we reached the level of decay in decency where it's acceptable to publicly post photo shopped pictures of easily identifiable people with references to their name and accuse them of being a pedophile? Is this an acceptable use of the forum?


You might as well post it. Nothing like bringing more attention to it by starting a thread about it. :?
I looked at your report. I have no idea who it is nor do I see any reference to a name. Since you know whose picture was photoshopped, it doesn’t mean everyone else here knows who it is too. I’m assuming it was published on a public forum for all to see. Did that person report it to have it removed? Honestly, I really don’t know what you want us to do. We don’t have time to “police” other sites.
User avatar
aahnutz
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 21696
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Some place I'd rather not be...
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.

Postby ygolohcysp on Tue May 29, 2018 8:32 pm

aahnutz wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:Have we reached the level of decay in decency where it's acceptable to publicly post photo shopped pictures of easily identifiable people with references to their name and accuse them of being a pedophile? Is this an acceptable use of the forum?


You might as well post it. Nothing like bringing more attention to it by starting a thread about it. :?
I looked at your report. I have no idea who it is nor do I see any reference to a name. Since you know whose picture was photoshopped, it doesn’t mean everyone else here knows who it is too. I’m assuming it was published on a public forum for all to see. Did that person report it to have it removed? Honestly, I really don’t know what you want us to do. We don’t have time to “police” other sites.


the person who posted the pics removed them from their host, problem solved. I flagged it on the 15th, if it was looked at before now you would have seen the offending content that existed on this site, not another. No one is asking you to "police" other sites.

ygolohcysp wrote:I'm not going to put a link here, no reason to draw more attention to it. I already reported the post when I saw it but the volunteers are swamped with other things.


FWIW I made the thread for exactly what you stated, to bring attention to the matter. Inaction after the post was flagged caused me concern.
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Postby mfaith on Tue May 29, 2018 8:38 pm

I saw the images in the original thread, and agree with aahnutz. Anybody who wasn't familiar with whoever that was photoshopped in would have no idea who it was. Only people who already know the person were in on the joke, and at that point, they've probably already seen what you were offended by elsewhere. All you did was call additional attention to what you were trying to remove. Having the opposite effect of what you wanted... Furthermore, the person on EB wasn't suggesting your friend was a Pedophile. The person on Facebook did. Hence aahnutz saying it's not our responsibility to police other sites...
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 44059
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby aahnutz on Tue May 29, 2018 8:43 pm

ygolohcysp wrote: FWIW I made the thread for exactly what you stated, to bring attention to the matter. Inaction after the post was flagged caused me concern.

Maybe next time send a PM to the mods instead of starting a thread. You’ll probably get a response sooner.
User avatar
aahnutz
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 21696
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Some place I'd rather not be...
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.

Previous

Return to Help and Suggestions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests