Adding new art

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
jwr1023
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:55 pm

Relative newb here, but I tried to add a new piece to the database yesterday and it still has not been added. How long does it generally take? It's an artist that is not currently in the datebase. He's a street artist, and (I think) pretty new to screenprinting. Louis Masai "Were Stuffed" released through Graffiti Art is the one, and I think I went about adding it correctly.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:58 pm

the mod/admins get notification and they review and approve it. usually less than 48 hours or so.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:21 pm

I am about 50-50 in screwing up when adding art. Then I get the email telling me it is not approved because I am an idiot.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:27 pm

Glad to help anyone who needs a hand adding stuff.
So it goes...
gordonlw

Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:40 pm

I've added a few things and never really had any issues. I'm trying to add a few today and it keeps telling me "You did not specify a valid image". I'm uploading a jpg and have tried a number of times and still get the same error.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:01 pm

gordonlw wrote:I've added a few things and never really had any issues. I'm trying to add a few today and it keeps telling me "You did not specify a valid image". I'm uploading a jpg and have tried a number of times and still get the same error.
The only time i've seen that message with jpg files is if there's something corrupted with the file. Opening it in an image editing app (Photoshop, Paint, Gimp, etc) and saving as a new file usually resolves that. With that said, in the couple of years I've been doing this, it's only happened once or twice with jpgs.
So it goes...
gordonlw

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Hmm. I actually just opened it in Lightroom to crop it. Exported new jpg and tried again. same result. I'll try to add a new listing with a different pic and report back.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:49 pm

gordonlw wrote:Hmm. I actually just opened it in Lightroom to crop it. Exported new jpg and tried again. same result. I'll try to add a new listing with a different pic and report back.
Feel free to pm me the image and i can take a look
So it goes...
gordonlw

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:54 pm

mfaith wrote:
gordonlw wrote:Hmm. I actually just opened it in Lightroom to crop it. Exported new jpg and tried again. same result. I'll try to add a new listing with a different pic and report back.
Feel free to pm me the image and i can take a look

thanks! just added a different one without issue. not a huge deal as I can retake the pic if needed.

edit: retook the pic and it worked just fine. thanks!