Ability to Add PNG Image Types

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:39 am

As someone who adds a bunch to the DB, this doesn't come up a ton, but when it does, it can be kind of an inconvenience. Some sites use pngs for their stock photos, and the Add Art page rejects png file types. So i end up having to save off the file, and use photoshop to convert it to jpg, before uploading. I don't really see any downside to supporting png along with JPG/JPEG; seems like it would be a pretty straightforward update. Just a suggestion.
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:45 am

Why the fug would ya have to use photoshop? Just rename that bitch to jpg.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:55 am

Codeblue wrote:Why the fug would ya have to use photoshop? Just rename that bitch to jpg.
>_> i suppose i could do that too. lol. Most of the time i throw the image url in the path field of the upload dialog. So i never even manually download anything. So even that's an extra step. But i guess that is a bit easier work-around. idk i've always been a stickler about preserving file integrity and having accurate file types. So i didn't really think about spoofing it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Still official support of png would be pretty neat too. :pint:
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:56 am

Aren't ya a fuggin programmer? Reminds me of the computer engineering major I knew in college who didn't know how to burn a drymounting CD.

P.S. Make yourself useful and make me a bot.
Last edited by Codeblue on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:58 am

Codeblue wrote:Aren't ya a fuggin programmer? Reminds me of the computer engineering major I knew in college who didn't know how to burn a drymounting CD.

P.S. Make yourself useful and make be a bot.
Haha. Yeah for stuff like this where i do so many of them, I tend to just run in auto-pilot. So i didn't really give it much thought beyond, "this less convenient". *shrugs*
So it goes...