What's it take to get the "owners" to update the site?!?!?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
lujborg
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:44 am

jmagee87 wrote:Wait...you guys dont have a recurring payment setup each month to contribute $ here? Buncha poors
These eBay commission rates are quite good, actually. For instance, right now if the customer you sent buys in the Parts & Accessories category, then you make 70% of the eBay fees to the seller. There are various rates that go as low as 50% for their Media category. The commission structure is set up in such a way that it makes it very much worth sending out emails each week to a list of eager subscribers! Imagine earning 50% of the fees for selling a new car on eBay!
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:27 am

Hi Mom!
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Patman6986
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:50 am

http://expressobeans.com/public/donate.php

here's the link for those who cant find it on their own
its hidden on the home page , last thing listed in top left "main" box, should be on every page
just to clarify - everything you own counts - but towards what is up to you. - goldenrose
msmith83
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:51 am

Oh wait...imagine that - I can't look at a print... again....forums work!... who cares.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:03 am

:roll:
So it goes...
DarkenedShrine
Art Expert

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:17 am

:lol:
ImageImageImage
lujborg
Art Expert

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:36 am

serious question: between the habitual donors and the ebay rip, how much a of a surplus does the organization run with?
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:05 am

never knew that re: expressobeans' share of the eBay commissions from click-through links. Hmmmmmm... I must have made them quite a bit of money over the last 7 years :D
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:10 am

1nkling wrote:The current issues are teething troubles following a switch to a new faster server so...
So, uh, we getting this figured out? With multiple, extended, outages that new server must have some pretty nasty teeth.
Jugheadd
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Is there an ETA to get the new server up and running?
Trivia: All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20
lujborg
Art Expert

Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Jugheadd wrote:Is there an ETA to get the new server up and running?

I vote for some of that reserve money to move us on to a cloud based solution that scales to demand. Between ebay commissions and donations, I'm sure they have plenty in the coffers. Not being able to look up a print drymounting sucks, who gives a fudge about the forums.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:36 pm

msmith83 wrote:But you know - throwing money at something that's been broken for years - what has it accomplished for you?

seen guys do this time and again with relationships
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
lujborg
Art Expert

Sat May 21, 2016 2:58 am

hey you shitheads with all your donation and post count shaming. looks like i was right.

1nkling wrote:As has been mentioned it's not a money issue. Give money, don't give money, it's currently not going to make a difference.

EGT said it the best:
earlgreytoast wrote:I feel just the opposite. I've been a financial supporter of the site since I joined. No way I am giving another cent to this place until all these issues disappear.
:clap:
lujborg
Art Expert

Sat May 21, 2016 3:47 am

Loobaz wrote:In my opinion, none of that means you should never have donated. This is a resource that you have been using for several years i seems, even as a selling platform.
lujborg wrote:I vote for some of that reserve money to move us on to a cloud based solution that scales to demand.
I also don't really understand you voting where money that you have had no hand in goes.
earlgreytoast wrote:I feel just the opposite. I've been a financial supporter of the site since I joined. No way I am giving another cent to this place until all these issues disappear.
EGT said he wasn't going to give another cent, but he has been a contributor for years. I can understand his position.

oh i see. as a member of this FREE community that doesn't require a donation to be a part of, i'd like to say: drymount you. my voice is equal to yours. members are not measured by the size of their donations, we're all equal here. take your elitist attitude and stick it up your drymounting ass.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat May 21, 2016 6:11 am

Mods please ban this bozo luj
spewing crap for weeks-months now

Probably not his 1st ban .... :hanging: