Need some help/courier advice from a new guy

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
joeschmozo
New User

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Hello all! I am very new around here, I just found this place about a month ago. I come from the skateboarding "hobby" but have always really been into the art of the decks. I've been skating for about 25 years now and recently started looking up some of the newer artists that do work for companies now. I've always known about some of the greats from back in the day, Jim Phillips and the guys at SC, VCJ, Gonz, Blender, etc. But I really love the work of some of the "newer" artists, Brandon Holt and Aaron Horkey and Florian Bertmer especially. Through a lot of searching I've found this place and the other work that these guys do for posters. I've been really impressed with a lot of the newer artists I've never heard of too, Ken Taylor, D*Face, Phlegm, and more. What the hell does that have to do with anything?! Well, I thought I'd tell you how I got here before I ask for help. :D I've been collecting and trading decks for a long time, but I have run into a problem and since there seems to be a lot of people from all over the world here and a lot of experienced shippers, I thought I'd give it a shot here. I posted this in a skateboarding message board but have had no luck there. I recently found a long time in search of deck from a guy in South Africa and originally he quoted me $90 shipping to the States via DHL (that was what they quoted him supposedly). Paid him and everything was set, but supposedly he shows up to ship and DHL tells him that that's the wrong price, it's actually $150 for shipping through DHL. So he tells me that I might want to try and find another courier to come get it or buy a couple of extra boards from him and that he would give them to me for dirt cheap and that way it would make the shipping worth it. I just really want the one, but I know nothing about couriers so ANY advice is appreciated, thanks ahead of time from a new guy! Anyone had experience with this sort of thing, couriers I mean? (And the kid I'm dealing with is legit, but he's just a kid, HAHA) Thanks a ton and look forward to the double-edged sword of collecting posters along with decks! Thanks again! :pint:
Rachael69
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:09 am

Hi

If I've read this right there should not have been a difference
unless he quoted you local rates not international.

To get over it why don't you meet each other halfway on
the difference and put it on the price of the goods.

Regards