Removal Of All New Posts

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
Lowbrow-Ink
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 12, 2015 7:43 pm

My method of reading this board has always been: My Page > See All New Posts > Read threads of interest to me > Delete all board cookies (which logs me out & then I log back in before leaving). This clears all the new posts (whether I have read them or not) so when I return, I don't have to wade through them again (unless they have new posts). If I click "See all new posts" directly after deleting cookies, it will show no new posts available, as it should. When I return five hours later (or three days later), it should only show posts made from the point I deleted cookies. & most of the time, that is the case. However... I would estimate (& this is just a guess) that about 25% of the time upon returning, it includes the same posts that I had previously deleted in addition to the new posts. Any reason why this would happen? & is there a better method than what I'm currently doing to achieve my objective (only seeing threads with posts that have been made since my last visit)?
rubberneck
Art God

Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Tue May 12, 2015 9:16 pm

Say what?
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue May 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Lowbrow-Ink
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 12, 2015 10:59 pm

Seriously... was that really that drymounting difficult to understand? Looking for a more efficient method to get to the things I'm interested in while avoiding the things that I'm not... (i.e. movie posters & hippie talk) Hence the irony of the first two responders. & thanks Plush, but I'm already doing that. Just wondered about the bug in the system that allows posts that I've cleared to come back at times.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue May 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Member since '03 and ZERO EB points. Why the drymount should we help you? Besides, sounds like your time is too precious to waste it on EB.

Signed,

a movie poster loving hippie.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed May 13, 2015 5:45 am

Lowbrow-Ink wrote:is there a better method than what I'm currently doing to achieve my objective
Yes.. Go to the main board index and on the top right above the forums click on 'Mark Forums Read'. :)

You can also do this individually by forum using the 'Mark Topics Read' option when in them.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed May 13, 2015 5:49 am

earlgreytoast wrote:Member since '03 and ZERO EB points. Why the drymount should we help you? Besides, sounds like your time is too precious to waste it on EB.
Because we're an encouraging and supportive community of art lovers here to help everyone get the most out of our great site. Obviously. :roll:
My up to date trades and ISOs.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed May 13, 2015 6:48 am

Awwwww, you're sweet. :notworthy:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.