Noob Question: Appropriate wait time to give a seller?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
jasethechase

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Just wondering what the general consensus is when it comes to waiting for a seller to read a message before moving on to the next seller.

For instance, there's a print I'm interested in that has several copies for sale (3 of them have the same price under "offers"). I messaged the first one (offering the price that he wanted), but the message has just been sitting in my outbox. How many days should I wait for him to read it before just moving on to the seller? I just don't want to send out multiple messages offering to buy the same print and then having to back out of it. Thanks!
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:20 pm

Ehh, a couple days or so. After that, screw 'em.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:34 pm

jasethechase wrote:Just wondering what the general consensus is when it comes to waiting for a seller to read a message before moving on to the next seller.

For instance, there's a print I'm interested in that has several copies for sale (3 of them have the same price under "offers"). I messaged the first one (offering the price that he wanted), but the message has just been sitting in my outbox. How many days should I wait for him to read it before just moving on to the seller? I just don't want to send out multiple messages offering to buy the same print and then having to back out of it. Thanks!
A couple days is fine. If the message is still in your outbox then just delete it. That way the person you sent it to will never get it.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:38 pm

^ They WILL get a message saying that the message has been deleted, though.
I've done that a few times, then been hit up by people asking why I deleted my PM and had to explain.

Also: What dropdoctor said. An enquiry/offer means little unless a deal has actually been struck, in my opinion.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
jasethechase

Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:59 pm

Thanks everybody. Much appreciated.
NoObism
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:40 am

A lot of ppl round here won't deal with any noob members, add some art to the database and get your forum post count up.
RottenAtom wrote:Put up or shut up. Acting like a beggin ass bitch probably won't get you anywhere.

Welcome to EB :pint: