Guy didn't follow through on trade what should I do?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
jung
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:00 am

i appreciate the kind words from those who spoke on my behalf. while certain aspects of the environment here frequently threaten to dissuade me from hanging around eb as much as i once did, it's folks like these who continue to make this place worthwhile, so thank you for that.
bryndavies wrote:ISO "special snack." drymounting dry up here. jung, i'll be down in the bay area in a month, let's meet up.
i've got some stroop waffles with your name on them if you want to reminisce about your amsterdam years. feel free to hit me up when you're in town.

PosterFanatic wrote:for whatever reason he completely screwed me over on my deal and I want him to make this right.
i'm not sure how i "completely screwed you over" on the damaged record you sent , since it's always been an option for me to send it back to you. if you hadn't flaked out on our scheduled meetings multiple times, the trade would have been completed without issue. i didn't get upset when you flaked, said you could take your time deciding what you wanted to do about the damage, and have generally tried to keep things chill thoughout our negotiations, which is why i am somewhat surprised at your current reaction over a $25 record you picked up at mondo-con. but it's clear that you feel you've been wronged, so i will be mailing your record back to the return address tomorrow with signature confirmation, and will publicly post the tracking number here after it's in transit. hopefully, this will alleviate any concerns you might have about the record's return journey, and i assume this will close out the matter to both of our satisfactions.
PosterFanatic wrote:If he can just apologize
jung wrote:daniel, i apologize if you had a negative experience.
Jsmalt wrote:I wish bad karma on you for ducking out and now blaming it on damage.
alittle wrote:drymounting nubs.
Image ImageImageImage Image
Jsmalt
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:26 am

Never heard of sceasy? I'm guessing your just another baby back bitch on the forums :(
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:33 am

DND list just got a little bit bigger. This thread was way better when we were talking about snacks.

Lol @ this dude thinking Jung is going to jeopardize his rep for some shitty mondo vinyl.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:41 am

bryndavies wrote:Aha! The truth surfaces. Moral of the story? Don't deal with newbs? Good stuff jung. Way to set the record straight.
Haha, nub got nubbed.
cdhague
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:56 am

bryndavies wrote:sounds like you are describing a stroopwafel, my friend. those shits are bomb.

This. Forever this.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:20 am

From here on out I'm calling this the stroopwafel incident.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
PosterFanatic
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 am

Ah I see you can't post PM'a. My bad, noob here obviously. Looks like Fredo and Count saw them anyway. Yes just send the vinyl back that will be sufficient. You won't own up that you didn't actually ever send me another message about it being damaged or that you ignored all my messages but I guess this is the best you will do. But it seems that the most likely scenario now is that you were annoyed that I didn't meet up with you both times, and hey I get that, I would be annoyed to. But to then blatenly take my property like that and not even say anything. Pretty messed up dude. I look forward to receiving my damaged record that I did package properly when I shipped it to you with bubble wrap and a Mondo shipper. If anyone wants to see the messages between him and I you can PM me if you care. Anyway this is finished it seems. Life goes on. Happy 2015 to you all.

Daniel
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:28 am

I was in early talks about trading/picking up this record from him. Didn't really get a good vibe from the messages. Glad I didn't follow through it.

Best of luck to both parties.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:01 pm

My fav part is where he threatened to come to dude's house if he didn't respond to the callout.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:04 pm

1/10
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Codeblue wrote:My fav part is where he threatened to come to dude's house if he didn't respond to the callout.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:17 pm

jung wrote:i appreciate the kind words from those who spoke on my behalf. while certain aspects of the environment here frequently threaten to dissuade me from hanging around eb as much as i once did, it's folks like these who continue to make this place worthwhile, so thank you for that.
bryndavies wrote:ISO "special snack." drymounting dry up here. jung, i'll be down in the bay area in a month, let's meet up.
i've got some stroop waffles with your name on them if you want to reminisce about your amsterdam years. feel free to hit me up when you're in town.

sweet. i'll do that. happy friday!
ImageT.K.C.
Particle
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:27 pm

I think I speak for everyone when I say we need more details. Please post more details. Thanks.

I need details.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Particle wrote:I think I speak for everyone when I say we need more details. Please post more details. Thanks.

I need details.
On the transaction? Or the "special snacks"?
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:34 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
Particle wrote:I think I speak for everyone when I say we need more details. Please post more details. Thanks.

I need details.
On the transaction? Or the "special snacks"?

Who cares about the transaction at this point. I want some tasty "special snacks"! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: