EB autocorrect WTD

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
HLB98
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:11 pm

What the drymount?
EB automatically changed the f-word in one of my posts to drymount......?
Personally I find putting sticky stuff on the back of art way more offensive than putting sticky stuff on the back of the one you love.
Just my 2 cents
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:30 am

To rectify this, go to: User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options.

There you will find a toggle for 'word censoring'. Set it to 'off' and you're all good.

Happy drymountin' New Year! :cheers:
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
1nkling
Site Admin

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:44 am

HLB98 wrote:What the drymount?
EB automatically changed the f-word in one of my posts to drymount......?
Personally I find putting sticky stuff on the back of art way more offensive than putting sticky stuff on the back of the one you love.
Just my 2 cents
Well, believe it or not, the site isn't just tailored to you and some do find swearing offensive or just unnecessary. As Otomo says, you can turn the swear filter off in your UCP. Or try giving up swearing for new years. :D
My up to date trades and ISOs.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:09 pm

^^power went to someone's head.
Same fudge, different drop.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Nah, not even close, imo. 1nkling is mellow as drymount, dude ain't power-tripping. It's just dry British humour that doesn't always translate well to text. Being sarcastic kittens is kind of our 'thing' ,but it's pretty much always done in good-spirited jest (like when I was breaking balls the other day. ;) )

Personally, I quite dig the fact that he still posts and jokes about despite being a made guy. Too often, mods (and i'm not attacking any here, per sé, more the way it goes on most sites) lose their sense of humour or feel precluded from making comments due to being required to be utterly impartial, and that can make them seem aloof and unapproachable - which he certainly ain't.

It's very nice to see one who has no pretence and speaks to us in an even way, it helps shed some of the 'them vs us' mentality that is always prevalent when one group of members holds more power than another (a damaging mentality often held by both normal members and team alike).

Again, not a specific attack on members or the team, just an observation on how the dynamics of forums tend to work.
Last edited by OtomoChaser on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
アキラ
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Yeah, you thug Brits and your fellow kittens make for a drymounting grand happy New Year :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:26 pm

#realtalk
#UKdon'tPlay

8) ;)
アキラ
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:49 pm

gonzo303 wrote:^^power went to someone's head.
I've never gotten that impression...not even close.