Deleting Private Messages - Unable

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
MrTovson

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:14 pm

When I look in my inbox, I have 2 messages that are "New." There's a link to "Delete message" on 2 items in my Inbox that say "This message has been removed by its author before it was delivered."

When I try to delete them so I dont see them any more, it says I don't have permission. What gives?
opengl128
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:41 pm

I have the same problem with a couple messages.
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Are you saying you cannot delete a message sent to you which was deleted before you can read it ... or, are you saying you can't read a deleted message, but there is a notification about it in your inbox?

Perhaps a screenshot would help.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
DocJback
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:09 pm

I am also having the same problem. My inbox reflects 1 unread message but that message was deleted by the sender before I was able to open it. When I click the "delete message" it says "You are not authorised to delete private messages."
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:03 pm

DocJback wrote:I am also having the same problem. My inbox reflects 1 unread message but that message was deleted by the sender before I was able to open it. When I click the "delete message" it says "You are not authorised to delete private messages."
Instead of trying to delete it ... try opening the message, then I believe you can clear it out of your inbox with the next screen that pops up.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
1nkling
Site Admin

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 am

Users who are in the New Users group have limitations on what they can do with PMs and that includes the ability to delete them. Once you've got a couple of posts moderated and approved you'll automatically find yourself in the regular users group and won't have this issue.
My up to date trades and ISOs.