Stopped getting email notifications for PMs

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
TOTM
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 am

Ja, same here... Haven't checked in this week & granted, never really get a lot of PM's anyways but logged on this arvo to find several unread messages sitting in me inbox! Any word or updates as to the mysterious, missing notifications? Rarely sign in unless I do too... Thanking you kindly moderators!
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:29 pm

IWish wrote:After Barrett changed his email - he started getting notifications, again. I'm not sure if that's an option for any of you. After barrett made this post, I sent him a pm (to test) - it worked.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 5#p2248255
Thanks for the tip, but I pretty much check just the one email for social stuff. Maybe I can put in some kind of alias address and test.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:
IWish wrote:After Barrett changed his email - he started getting notifications, again. I'm not sure if that's an option for any of you. After barrett made this post, I sent him a pm (to test) - it worked.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 5#p2248255
Thanks for the tip, but I pretty much check just the one email for social stuff. Maybe I can put in some kind of alias address and test.
You might try changing it to some test email address and then back again... strange issue. I seem to be getting them OK.
hunkster
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Same here, stopped getting email notifications 10 days ago or so? I try toggling on/off but that didn't help. I can try a different email address now
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:52 am

Hotmail hates us. Use a different (non MS) email and everything should work again.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:13 pm

I'm not sure if this has been considered yet or not, but I had a friend try to sign up for EB the other day, but never received a confirmation email because he is using hotmail.
It's easy enough to tell existing members to change their email, but people trying to sign up would not know that. They will never receive a confirmation and therefore never be able to sign up, as long as they keep trying to use their hotmail address.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun May 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Bumping this for a mod/admin ^^
1nkling
Site Admin

Sun May 04, 2014 5:42 pm

wottagunn wrote:I'm not sure if this has been considered yet or not, but I had a friend try to sign up for EB the other day, but never received a confirmation email because he is using hotmail.
It's easy enough to tell existing members to change their email, but people trying to sign up would not know that. They will never receive a confirmation and therefore never be able to sign up, as long as they keep trying to use their hotmail address.
Pass on their username and I'll activate their account manually. They'll need to switch over to a non-hotmail account if they want to receive notifications, etc though.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun May 04, 2014 6:45 pm

I can do that, but my main point was that if anyone tries to join via Hotmail, they won’t know that Hotmail doesn’t really work. It may discourage a lot of members from joining, if they never receive the confirmation.

Could a ‘**note’ possibly be added to the sign up page, or something to that effect?
hunkster
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 06, 2014 11:20 pm

wottagunn wrote:I can do that, but my main point was that if anyone tries to join via Hotmail, they won’t know that Hotmail doesn’t really work. It may discourage a lot of members from joining, if they never receive the confirmation.

Could a ‘**note’ possibly be added to the sign up page, or something to that effect?
Very good point, I locked myself out this way as the reset never arrived in my hotmail / outlook.com account
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed May 07, 2014 6:15 am

hunkster wrote:
wottagunn wrote:I can do that, but my main point was that if anyone tries to join via Hotmail, they won’t know that Hotmail doesn’t really work. It may discourage a lot of members from joining, if they never receive the confirmation.

Very good point, I locked myself out this way as the reset never arrived in my hotmail / outlook.com account
I'm looking into it. :)
kyler4444
Art Expert

Wed May 14, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm having the same issue. I no longer receive email notifications when a reply is posted or when someone PM's me. Guess I'll try switching my email account.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed May 14, 2014 3:52 pm

kyler4444 wrote:I'm having the same issue. I no longer receive email notifications when a reply is posted or when someone PM's me. Guess I'll try switching my email account.
Good plan.