Noob questions

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
maxine
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 pm

fnord wrote:I think you get the noob color for your first 3 posts.
Purple might be tough, isn't that the mod color?
Thanks for the info.

I just noticed on the board that purple was a mod colour. Haha… Purple is also the colour of your crown chakra and a very calming colour. I painted my office purple (when I had one) because I hoped it would offset the asshole attitudes that walked into it. I think it helped. Just a little though. :P

I guess in ExpressoLand…I'll have to settle for black. Rather black than be a noob though. :wink:
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Black is the new animated avatar.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
kyler4444
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:11 pm

I know the answer to my question is probably right in front of me but I still can't figure it out. How can I add a personal picture to my my topic in the "ISO Thread".

I know how to post prints that are already on EB by going to the "discuss remotely" link and copy and pasting it but I haven't figured out how to upload personal pics of let's say "The Walking Dead #1" Comic Book that I want to sell.

Thanks,

Kyle
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
Painter101
New User

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello all,

I am new to this and was wondering how you can purchase art from this website. I know it seems like a dumb question but please help!

Thank you!
Jimjammer
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 pm

What is the most reliable and consistent shipping option from Canada to the US and vice versa?
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Jimjammer wrote:What is the most reliable and consistent shipping option from Canada to the US and vice versa?
I wouldn't mind some info on best shipping methods from Canada. I was just involved in a poster swap with a US user and it cost me $20 to ship my tube to them, and $6 for them to ship theirs to me!
Speterson

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 pm

How do I change it so it doesn't say noob and my username isn't in orange when I send pm's? I'm fairly new to the site but have made numerous trades and purchases.
jenkih
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:51 am

Like most posting to this thread, I'm wondering how long the 'initiation period' lasts for noobs. I joined a couple months ago and have added art to the site and tried to post to some of the threads (apparently none made it past the moderators yet). Again, obviously haven't had an account too long, just wondering at what point I'll be able to change my avatar, make posts, etc... Thanks!
bjornca
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:18 pm

jenkih wrote:Like most posting to this thread, I'm wondering how long the 'initiation period' lasts for noobs. I joined a couple months ago and have added art to the site and tried to post to some of the threads (apparently none made it past the moderators yet). Again, obviously haven't had an account too long, just wondering at what point I'll be able to change my avatar, make posts, etc... Thanks!
Curious on the avatar as well. I feel left out.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:24 pm

bjornca wrote:
jenkih wrote:Like most posting to this thread, I'm wondering how long the 'initiation period' lasts for noobs. I joined a couple months ago and have added art to the site and tried to post to some of the threads (apparently none made it past the moderators yet). Again, obviously haven't had an account too long, just wondering at what point I'll be able to change my avatar, make posts, etc... Thanks!
Curious on the avatar as well. I feel left out.
Go up top to USER CONTROL PANEL, then PROFILE, then EDIT AVATAR

It'll take a little getting used to as far as sizing the picture..

enjoy :pint:
bjornca
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:26 pm

chalkdust wrote:Go up top to USER CONTROL PANEL, then PROFILE, then EDIT AVATAR

It'll take a little getting used to as far as sizing the picture..

enjoy :pint:
Thanks. I'm a little slow.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:28 pm

go get that avatar! but remember..

Bickel

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:29 pm

kyler4444 wrote:I know the answer to my question is probably right in front of me but I still can't figure it out. How can I add a personal picture to my my topic in the "ISO Thread".

I know how to post prints that are already on EB by going to the "discuss remotely" link and copy and pasting it but I haven't figured out how to upload personal pics of let's say "The Walking Dead #1" Comic Book that I want to sell.

Thanks,

Kyle
Below the "preview/submit" buttons are two tabs, options and upload attachments. After you upload an acceptable attachment, you need to "place" it "inline", and the option to do so only appears after you upload, showing up in approximately the same space.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:35 pm

unomasmoi wrote:
maxine wrote: Rather black than be a noob though. :wink:

Racist!! Ain't nobody got time for that!
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Bickel

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Painter101 wrote:Hello all,

I am new to this and was wondering how you can purchase art from this website. I know it seems like a dumb question but please help!

Thank you!
You don't purchase from the site, but rather from members. The site takes no responsibility for transactions. If you want to buy a print, go to its detail page, and check the for sale listings; members will sometimes have prices listed if they have something they want to sell, or they may be looking for trades instead. Advice on purchasing: pay attention, be careful, and get familiar with paypal rules and regulations before buying.