Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
atomicdustbin
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:21 pm

urbanprowler wrote:another UK monkeh here and pleased to see a fellow Neds fan!!
Ah yes the Ned's gigs, those were the days. My first broken nose from a stage diver and there were only 50 of us in the room, probably only 15 on in front of the stage.
It was a good shot.

As for custom charges I don't think I have ever had a Mondo tube caught for taxes.

Shot that bolt now haven't I... :roll:
qotsa909
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 pm

the only one i've been caught on was a nakatomi tube also- £5.50ish for VAT and £8 for bloody post office handling- wankers!

and on a different note, is the richard goodall gallery the only UK based poster shop of note? or are there other places to visit?
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Ashton wrote:Another option if you didn't want to frame a print yourself is that you could send it over and I would do the full job for you.
I can state from personal experience that James' work is top-notch. When funds allow I intend to send my Fairytale your way!
ianpotter wrote:In my experience it's rare. I've only had to pay 3 times from the last 100 purchases
atomicdustbin wrote:As for custom charges I don't think I have ever had a Mondo tube caught for taxes.
qotsa909 wrote:the only one i've been caught on was a nakatomi tube also- £5.50ish for VAT and £8 for bloody post office handling- wankers!
What a bunch of bastards! I get charged for pretty much any tube that is marked with a value of more than about $25. The postal workers in Leeds must be on commission. The thing that gets right on my tits is that £8 handling charge.

£3.89 VAT? Fair enough. But £8 to put a sticker on a tube??? Anyway, rant over.
qotsa909 wrote: is the richard goodall gallery the only UK based poster shop of note? or are there other places to visit?
It's the only one I'm aware of for gig posters. Well worth a visit for a mooch around and when they have signings, but it's pretty expensive.
this aggression will not stand, man.
atomicdustbin
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Haven't got a gallery, but a few online :)

http://www.underthefloorboards.com

Go to a few conventions and collector shows around London and Milton Keynes, if you frequent those places?

Our Jack the Ripper posters just turned up, finally got the red to glow in the dark and it glows RED, good job by D&L
ianpotter
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:57 pm

qotsa909 wrote:and on a different note, is the richard goodall gallery the only UK based poster shop of note? or are there other places to visit?
Could also try.......

http://www.electriksheep.co.uk/

http://www.picturesonwalls.com/Home.asp
Craigy235
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Did anyone go for the olly drop on mondo earlier?
atomicdustbin
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:28 pm

I for one didn't bother as cash is tight at the moment, didn't go for Hellboy either but really loved the Ken Taylor print.
Now wish I'd bought one but don't think I'll feel the same about the Olly Moss posters, if Robocop had been there I would definitely picked up a few prints.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:32 pm

There's a lotta bad teeth up in here.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Craigy235
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 pm

atomicdustbin wrote:I for one didn't bother as cash is tight at the moment, didn't go for Hellboy either but really loved the Ken Taylor print.
Now wish I'd bought one but don't think I'll feel the same about the Olly Moss posters, if Robocop had been there I would definitely picked up a few prints.
Yeah, same here. I dropped on the Proctor TMNT print (which i've still not received) and decided to skip Hellboy - although thought bout the Taylor one.

Wall space, it all comes down to wall space......oh and money.
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Codeblue wrote:There's a lotta bad teeth up in here.
Stop lowering the IQ of this thread with your Americanness.
this aggression will not stand, man.
tornado
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Stout Star Wars arrived, all safe and sound... :pint:

They're all great, my first Stouts and the detail is amazing, but does anyone else feel that the red 'Star Wars' lettering really dominates the image?

Everyone else in the UK receive theirs without fees or damage?
fCon
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:15 pm

atomicdustbin wrote:Our Jack the Ripper posters just turned up, finally got the red to glow in the dark and it glows RED, good job by D&L
:drool: , can you tell us when this will be available?

Sorry UK crowd, didn't want to disturb your circle ;)
Craigy235
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Check this venture out,

http://silverscreensociety.com/

just got the heads up from Adam Hanson, sound like a awesome idea. 28 days later up first!
Craigy235
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:33 pm

atomicdustbin wrote:Haven't got a gallery, but a few online :)

http://www.underthefloorboards.com

Go to a few conventions and collector shows around London and Milton Keynes, if you frequent those places?

Our Jack the Ripper posters just turned up, finally got the red to glow in the dark and it glows RED, good job by D&L
Spoken to the ned fan himself and sounds like these prints are gonna rock. Red glow in the dark ink!!!

Once he knows when the drop is gonna be he'll hit us up with the pricing...can't wait.
110thStreet
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Any goods imported into the UK over the value of £18 are liable to import VAT. Gifts between private individuals over the value of £40 are also liable for VAT. Goods and gifts over these values may also be liable for customs duty. You no longer have to pay customs duty for goods up to the value of £135, however you will still be required to pay import VAT and excise duty where applicable.