Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.

Postby PaulSeal5 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:26 am

pking1601 wrote:I bought some of the Preservation Equipment archival sleeves 2 weeks ago. They are archival and not cheap and I was worried at first whether they would be too flimsy but when I put some prints in them, they were great. Slide the prints in and the prints almost stick to the polyester sleeve. Which is just what I wanted as I have to move my flat file into storage very soon so these sleeves will protect the prints really well. Plus of course it makes the prints so much easier to handle regardless


How much did they work out costing each? For what size?
User avatar
PaulSeal5
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Postby pking1601 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:44 pm

I ended up with 75 sleeves of various sizes for about £450 including postage.

Now I have them, I wish I had bought them years ago

http://www.preservationequipment.com/Ca ... -Pockets-2
User avatar
pking1601
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:43 am
Location: Northfleet Kent UK

Postby PaulSeal5 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:05 pm

pking1601 wrote:I ended up with 75 sleeves of various sizes for about £450 including postage.

Now I have them, I wish I had bought them years ago

http://www.preservationequipment.com/Ca ... -Pockets-2


Wow! That's a lot of sleeves!
I'm the same with the ones I got, I wish I'd bought them ages ago
User avatar
PaulSeal5
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Postby suchanoo on Mon May 01, 2017 2:00 am

pking1601 wrote:Is that just the more valuable items, say £1k or does that cover the £100-£300 item as well?
Rarely use Parcelforce but use Royal Mail a lot which are sister companies in a manner of speaking.


Lady on the phone said they don't cover "art or collectibles" at all. The exclusions in their small print is fairly clear (once you find it at the end of the page!). I'm assuming Royal Mail is the same, but found no exclusions so far. I'll call after the Bank Holiday and ask.
User avatar
suchanoo
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: UK
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind

Postby suchanoo on Mon May 01, 2017 2:04 am

pking1601 wrote:I ended up with 75 sleeves of various sizes for about £450 including postage.

Now I have them, I wish I had bought them years ago

http://www.preservationequipment.com/Ca ... -Pockets-2


I've got tons of their sleeves - very well made and the sizes are spot on. I used to import Bagsunlimited sleeves, but time, taxes, and regular poor weld quality put a stop to that.

PE glass paper weights are nice too
User avatar
suchanoo
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: UK
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind

Postby LeeKaye on Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 am

suchanoo wrote:
pking1601 wrote:Is that just the more valuable items, say £1k or does that cover the £100-£300 item as well?
Rarely use Parcelforce but use Royal Mail a lot which are sister companies in a manner of speaking.


Lady on the phone said they don't cover "art or collectibles" at all. The exclusions in their small print is fairly clear (once you find it at the end of the page!). I'm assuming Royal Mail is the same, but found no exclusions so far. I'll call after the Bank Holiday and ask.



Shiiit. I have been sending stuff with them quite a lot over the past few months. Some of it 300-500 upwards. I fill out 'Art Print' in the insurance cover section and not once has anyone said anything. I suppose it benefits them to not mention it and have the small print.
User avatar
LeeKaye
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1916
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:50 am
Location: UK

Postby pking1601 on Mon May 01, 2017 8:33 am

LeeKaye wrote:
suchanoo wrote:
pking1601 wrote:Is that just the more valuable items, say £1k or does that cover the £100-£300 item as well?
Rarely use Parcelforce but use Royal Mail a lot which are sister companies in a manner of speaking.


Lady on the phone said they don't cover "art or collectibles" at all. The exclusions in their small print is fairly clear (once you find it at the end of the page!). I'm assuming Royal Mail is the same, but found no exclusions so far. I'll call after the Bank Holiday and ask.



Shiiit. I have been sending stuff with them quite a lot over the past few months. Some of it 300-500 upwards. I fill out 'Art Print' in the insurance cover section and not once has anyone said anything. I suppose it benefits them to not mention it and have the small print.


That's really interesting because I had to start an insurance claim for a presumably lost tube to the US. Royal Mail had the exact details of what was in the tube and had accepted the claim as far as I was concerned. Then USPS miracously found the tube. So we didn't get into the end game but Royal Mail didn't give any indication that what I had sent and insured, was uninsurable.
User avatar
pking1601
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:43 am
Location: Northfleet Kent UK

Postby LarryForsyth on Mon May 01, 2017 1:07 pm

suchanoo wrote:
pking1601 wrote:Is that just the more valuable items, say £1k or does that cover the £100-£300 item as well?
Rarely use Parcelforce but use Royal Mail a lot which are sister companies in a manner of speaking.


Lady on the phone said they don't cover "art or collectibles" at all. The exclusions in their small print is fairly clear (once you find it at the end of the page!). I'm assuming Royal Mail is the same, but found no exclusions so far. I'll call after the Bank Holiday and ask.


The exclusion of Art being insured (to some degree) is only when using the GlobalExpress service, which you would expect given that once the item leaves the country, it is taken over by that countries courier service.

One thing that Parcelforce and Royal Mail do share in common is that should your artwork be lost/damaged/stolen, they will only pay out the original value of the artwork, regardless if you have an eBay/Private sale receipt of the new secondary price. Even if you take out extra insurance (e.g something over £500 with Special Delivery) it is essentially additional money spent with no additional insurance protection (that is, if the original price is £500 or less)
That's not to say a secondary priced print hasn't been paid out when going missing, I'll bet there are cases where it has - but it shouldn't have been. Their online rules are incredibly vague which doesn't help matters. I rang all of the main couriers to ask all these questions, seeking clarity on their vagueness and all of them gave the exact same response.

I still send stuff by Special Delivery, but I know that for art that is substantially more valuable on the secondary - it's a calculated risk every single time.
User avatar
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:17 am
Location: UK

Postby jamesmassey1988 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Hello all (it's been a while)

I'm selling a few prints and I need a few poster tubes. Could any of you Gentlemen please help me out?

I am willing to pay cash money for each tube and of course the cost of shipping it to me.

I need 4 tubes (minimum 3-inch diameter) that will each comfortably fit an 18x24 print.

Let me know if you can help! Cheers.
User avatar
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4456
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:26 pm
Location: Southsea, UK
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:

Postby LeeKaye on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:29 am

Jeebus, it really is quiet in here.

This is a very long shot, but if anyone's going to ThoughtBubble and can pick up a Ferguson GOTG2 I would be eternally grateful. No way I can get there, and I have Vol1 from Matt, and an original ticket from a preview of Empire that this was based on, so this would be a great addition to my collection. Will full reimburse with all postage and stick some more on for gratitude.
User avatar
LeeKaye
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1916
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:50 am
Location: UK

Postby 1nkling on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 am

LeeKaye wrote:Jeebus, it really is quiet in here.

This is a very long shot, but if anyone's going to ThoughtBubble and can pick up a Ferguson GOTG2 I would be eternally grateful. No way I can get there, and I have Vol1 from Matt, and an original ticket from a preview of Empire that this was based on, so this would be a great addition to my collection. Will full reimburse with all postage and stick some more on for gratitude.


Damn. Did you miss out on the chance to buy the other one then? Owners of the first print got offered them first. :(
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4107
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: Devon, England

Postby LeeKaye on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:28 am

1nkling wrote:
LeeKaye wrote:Jeebus, it really is quiet in here.

This is a very long shot, but if anyone's going to ThoughtBubble and can pick up a Ferguson GOTG2 I would be eternally grateful. No way I can get there, and I have Vol1 from Matt, and an original ticket from a preview of Empire that this was based on, so this would be a great addition to my collection. Will full reimburse with all postage and stick some more on for gratitude.


Damn. Did you miss out on the chance to buy the other one then? Owners of the first print got offered them first. :(



Really? A very kind person on here picked the first up for me and sent it. I need to check my PMs. Ah bugger. Thanks for the info.
User avatar
LeeKaye
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1916
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:50 am
Location: UK

Postby deestar on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:49 am

See you in Leeds.
User avatar
deestar
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1617
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:51 am
Location: Manchester United Kingdom

Postby Samk89 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Bit of a long shot here but is there anyone that could do me a massive favour as I'm unable to attend thoughtbubble. if anyone is going and is also visiting Matt fergusons table would you be able to pick me the the blade runner enamel pin and post it to me. I am Uk based too and can transfer the money beforehand with postage added in etc.
User avatar
Samk89
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 10:13 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby bert on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Samk89 wrote:Bit of a long shot here but is there anyone that could do me a massive favour as I'm unable to attend thoughtbubble. if anyone is going and is also visiting Matt fergusons table would you be able to pick me the the blade runner enamel pin and post it to me. I am Uk based too and can transfer the money beforehand with postage added in etc.


Hey there - I'll grab you one if he has any left when I get to his table. I'll PM you if I have success (no need to transfer money until afterwards).
User avatar
bert
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1539
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Community Sales Threads



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest