Dave Hunter Fund Raiser Auction

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
woodyland
Art Expert

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:39 am

Gift the $$ too. There, I said it

It's a fundraiser

Gift the $$

Is anyone else sick of Chris Berman? Football in general? Gawd

:jawdropper:
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
anners84
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:31 am

Thanks to Rick and Fro and all you EBers for coming together in the spirit of
community for one of our own. It's been really gratifying to follow this thread
and see the generosity you've all shown.

Makes me proud to be a part of this.
jools
Art Expert

Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 am

wow - amazing effort everyone :clap:
this place really does rock sometimes
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
rockbridge
Art Expert

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:50 am

I would like to thank Rick and Fro for all the hard work they put into this (and continue to) for several reasons:

Every time a tube arrives from Dave, it puts a big smile on my face
They are both true collectors and genuine assets to EB
As has been said, being a father, I cant even imagine what Dave is going through emotionally

Please come to Austin sometime guys. It would be my sincere pleasure to put you guys up and show you the town :pint:

Also, a huge thanks to all of you who donated items and bid these items up :clap: :notworthy:
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:29 am

Hate to the be the upside down smiley face but...........

Do NOT recommend gifting the payments - paypal could very notice the influx of gifts and draw attention to Frodawg.

If anything- the high dollar purchasers might want to consider or maybe contribute a little extra to cover PP fees...... :wink:

Rick, the attitude displayed has been, well, an overused word these days but I'll use it anyways.... AMAZING.

The amount of support shown here, by the artists and everybody else donating............... AMAZING.

These are the things that make the world go around

These are the things that make me come back to EB, day after day.

Great art
Even better people

:pint:
thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:52 am

A truly inspiring out-pour of generosity, love, and understanding for Dave and his daughter. :clap:

Rick and Fro, your sincere concern for Dave really set the tone here, and I know it exceeded all of our expectations. You should be very proud of your work.

Your tireless efforts the past few weeks has been very revealing into why little communities like this exist, and we should all be thankful for that.

Drinks on me next time we cross paths! :pint:
Collect them all. Before you Die®
wneff
Art Expert

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:5. Each winner will be notified by Fro or myself on September 2nd, including the Paypal email address to direct your payment to (note that all payments will be a standard “goods” purchase; we will not request or require gift payments). The buyer should state the item number, item name and their EB handle in the Paypal payment notes, using the same Item # and name used when they bid on the item. This will prevent confusion in identifying who has paid for what. Important: Don’t bid if you can’t pay for your winning item within 48 hours of being notified by Fro or me. If an item goes 2 days without payment, the person will be notified via PM that their bid has been dropped, and the next highest bidder will be notified that they have won the item. This is our deadbeat caveat. No apologies to folks who may have been struck by lightning or hit by a meteor. This is a fund raiser, so funds need to be raised.
I think a Paypal "goods" transaction is expected for auction items, based on Rick's early guidance.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:26 pm

wneff wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:5. Each winner will be notified by Fro or myself on September 2nd, including the Paypal email address to direct your payment to (note that all payments will be a standard “goods” purchase; we will not request or require gift payments). The buyer should state the item number, item name and their EB handle in the Paypal payment notes, using the same Item # and name used when they bid on the item. This will prevent confusion in identifying who has paid for what. Important: Don’t bid if you can’t pay for your winning item within 48 hours of being notified by Fro or me. If an item goes 2 days without payment, the person will be notified via PM that their bid has been dropped, and the next highest bidder will be notified that they have won the item. This is our deadbeat caveat. No apologies to folks who may have been struck by lightning or hit by a meteor. This is a fund raiser, so funds need to be raised.
I think a Paypal "goods" transaction is expected for auction items, based on Rick's early guidance.
Correct. It ensures buyer protection. We wouldn't ask for gift payments.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Rick and Fro, what can I say that hasn't been said. You guys rock!! See you two in SF!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Yes... TRPS on October...
I can finally say ... Next month :)
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Mods, You can lock this one down. Thanks again everyone and I will put up a Dave Hunter Appreciation thread.

We have collected all but $4 grand of the total. WOWSER...you beaners rock. Hope to see some of youz folks at TRPS in Rocktober!

Cheers and Thanks Again...

Fro
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:26 pm

:cheers: