UK/Europe Hook-up Thread

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.

Rules:

We want to stick to the rule of the other thread so PLEASE ONLY POST A REPLY THAT INCLUDES A HOOK-UP. Otherwise anything goes.
31%
In defining a hook-up, please remember that 'at cost' in this part of the world may include the cost of the print, the cost of shipping and the cost of import duties - so 6-month averages based on US sales may not be valuable. But please do try to make this a hook-up!
69%

Total votes: 39
murdock
Art Expert

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 am

Cordyceps wrote:Godmachine "A Murder"
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/168313
Small flaw at the bottom edge

Free, just for shipping costs from Germany to the EU.
That's the Spirit!
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
Chenley123
Art Expert

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:31 am

Agree with that. It shouldn't matter how much it cost to get it to you
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:26 am

I'm going to see what I can find for this place. But, really, I feel like this place should only be used for something really good. Something that we'd rush to PM for. Otherwise we have the selling and trading tool and can make our own threads.

We should be excited about hooking up our own.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
TannemaaT
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:41 am

I thought this was just the FS place for UK/EUROPE
life and learn :)
jampar5000
Art Expert

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:09 pm

jamesmassey1988 wrote:I'm going to see what I can find for this place. But, really, I feel like this place should only be used for something really good. Something that we'd rush to PM for. Otherwise we have the selling and trading tool and can make our own threads.

We should be excited about hooking up our own.

Agree on that one - i'll also have a dig around as well to see what I have when putting together my secret santa tube at the weekend.
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
1nkling
Site Admin

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:27 pm

rules wrote:We want to stick to the rule of the other thread so PLEASE ONLY POST A REPLY THAT INCLUDES A HOOK-UP.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:35 pm

jamesmassey1988 wrote:Here's a rule that we should probably consider instating. Everyone seems to get caught up in the "how much it cost me". That doesn't play a part when hooking someone up, like Chenley just proved to everyone.

If you're thinking about how much it cost you, when deciding on a price. Make your own thread. If you're going by average price/recent sales/demand then you're doing it right. Remember the point of a hook-up is that you're hooking up someone else.
Not that its any of my buisness as most of the stuff offered within this thread is not my cup of tea anyway , but what your proposing is asking a bit much of most people , to be offer at "cost" or below is to ignore that the cost is often 100-125% above the cost of the actual paper.

Any Fairey prints (my particular choice of collecting) are in the region of , lets say $50 , postage on top of that is another $50 , customs at 5% adds another £8 (£5 vat & £3 handeling) ....so lets call it a total of $115 for a €50 print.

By the "rules" your looking for other to abide by , i would need to sell this at $50 , or even $45 to qualify as a hook-up to your satifaction and take a loss of $65-$70 to satify your criteria?...

Thanks , but no thanks on that.

Maybe its a diffrent story on rubbish that no-one is intrested in , but not on saleable items
fitz
Art Expert

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Fattyramone wrote:Maybe its a diffrent story on rubbish that no-one is intrested in , but not on saleable items
I think the idea is that things that are saleable should be in sale threads rather than a hook-up thread - mind its all too complicated for me - I would prefer this just to be a simple sale thread for EU peeps so without rules and if people want to hook each other up so be it :)
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:46 pm

fitz wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:Maybe its a diffrent story on rubbish that no-one is intrested in , but not on saleable items
I think the idea is that things that are saleable should be in sale threads rather than a hook-up thread - mind its all too complicated for me - I would prefer this just to be a simple sale thread for EU peeps so without rules and if people want to hook each other up so be it :)

Its a fair enough to take the hit on the postage if it was originaly a uk-uk , or even Europe-uk transaction , which will generaly be in the region of £8-£15 , but a USA-UK deal can consist of a £35+ loss which is too much to reaseasonably expect people to suck up for others benefit.

Dont know why im getting involved with this , I dont think theres ever been anything in this thread thats intrested me ,best I keep out of it from now on.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:49 am

Chenley123 wrote:Image
For free, you pay postage!
HOOK-UP!!!
Gone
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:05 am

Fattyramone wrote:
jamesmassey1988 wrote:Here's a rule that we should probably consider instating. Everyone seems to get caught up in the "how much it cost me". That doesn't play a part when hooking someone up, like Chenley just proved to everyone.

If you're thinking about how much it cost you, when deciding on a price. Make your own thread. If you're going by average price/recent sales/demand then you're doing it right. Remember the point of a hook-up is that you're hooking up someone else.
Not that its any of my buisness as most of the stuff offered within this thread is not my cup of tea anyway , but what your proposing is asking a bit much of most people , to be offer at "cost" or below is to ignore that the cost is often 100-125% above the cost of the actual paper.

Any Fairey prints (my particular choice of collecting) are in the region of , lets say $50 , postage on top of that is another $50 , customs at 5% adds another £8 (£5 vat & £3 handeling) ....so lets call it a total of $115 for a €50 print.

By the "rules" your looking for other to abide by , i would need to sell this at $50 , or even $45 to qualify as a hook-up to your satifaction and take a loss of $65-$70 to satify your criteria?...

Thanks , but no thanks on that.

Maybe its a diffrent story on rubbish that no-one is intrested in , but not on saleable items
Then it's probably not a print that you would sell in here.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
jarri
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Posted in the 100% Package Deals Thread
jarri wrote:Image

AP

All stored flat $130 shipped anywhere. This is below 6 month average for Phantasm and The Walking Dead prints alone.
yps
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:51 pm

All 3 together for U$ 115 shipped. (inside Europe)

6 month avg. is 136 U$
Total Avg is 152 U$
Last edited by yps on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murdock
Art Expert

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Thumbs up!
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
xenmate
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:19 am

This is a 50cmx40cm giclee print from Nicolas Delort created for a charity fundraiser for the victims of the Tsunami in Japan.

It has a noticeable crease in the top left corner which should frame out (can send pictures on request).

The artist kindly sent this to me as an extra for an order I made from him, but I don't think I'll ever frame it so would rather it go to an appreciative home. Happy to pass this on for the cost of shipping only. Message me if interested.