Canadian Corner Eh? (Buy/Sell/Trade/Chat)

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
lobotomizer
Art Expert

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:58 pm

alittle
Art Freak

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 pm

I am Canadian. Someone sell me cool things.
bmerel
Art Expert

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 pm

alittle wrote:I am Canadian. Someone sell me cool things.

i'll sell you a new vowel.
:D
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 pm

The letter "U"?
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 pm

I am Canadian. I have tons of posters matching you guys ISO lists. What I could really use is cheap framing materials.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
halfwasted
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 pm

That's right, us Canadians need more posters, were officially on strike til they give in!
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:15 pm

tranito wrote:I am Canadian. I have tons of posters matching you guys ISO lists. What I could really use is cheap framing materials.
I've been trying to source materials as well but haven't been able to find anything worth while. By the time I got wood, built my own frame, got some UV plexi, double mat, and backings, I was almost at $200. Might as well save my time and have a professional do it.
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Tazgarde wrote:
tranito wrote:I am Canadian. I have tons of posters matching you guys ISO lists. What I could really use is cheap framing materials.
Might as well save my time and have a professional do it.
This...To me, it doesn't get much cheaper than Framing Depot, even if you were to import your own materials.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:18 pm

Tazgarde wrote:
I've been trying to source materials as well but haven't been able to find anything worth while. By the time I got wood, built my own frame, got some UV plexi, double mat, and backings, I was almost at $200. Might as well save my time and have a professional do it.
Not bad. It sure depends on the size of the job and your choice of moulding, but it sounds like something that would cost me $350 to do in a frame shop here.. :hanging:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 pm

tranito wrote:
Tazgarde wrote:
Not bad. It sure depends on the size of the job and your choice of moulding, but it sounds like something that would cost me $350 to do in a frame shop here.. :hanging:
I was basing my calculations on the following:

Frame 1-3/4 simple square for a 24x36 print with some mat border, painted black (~$20 for raw wood plus labour)
UV Plexi $97.50
Double Mat 2 x $15/sheet

Didn't bother sourcing backing, hanging materials, mounting pockets, paint, etc.

Not sure how this compares to the type of jobs you do.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 pm

You surely save on the DIY frame and mat cutting.. Pro custom job for that size would run me at least $100 for the frame and $100 for the mats.
Anything a minimum fancy would be more like $150+ for each..
thibs
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:56 pm

alittle wrote:
Tazgarde wrote:
Might as well save my time and have a professional do it.
This...To me, it doesn't get much cheaper than Framing Depot, even if you were to import your own materials.

Yes, I agree. I have not used Framing Depot yet, but I have been getting quotes from a bunch of places in and around Toronto and it seems like they have the best price on the many sizes I was looking to get done. I think I will be going to there when I few of my recent acquisitions arrive :D It also helps that they are located not too far from my work for easy drop off and pickup.

Does anyone have any pictures of frame-ups they have done?
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 am

I've had my jock Shaun and Horkey ODIR done over there, very simple black frame, dual mats... Each came up to around 200 with tax included. They were done well. My Shaun jock is posted in the framing section, my ODIR is yet to be photographed

Sidenote, we have a topic is framing section for this talk, just so we don't anger the mods
Last edited by Gundam on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
rampagesp
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 am

Another Canadian here! Always looking for some cool buy/sell/trades.

Hit me up, like the rest, I'm a FRIENDLY Canadian. 8)
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 am

My only issue with them is that even with an archival mount, by default, they use acid free tape, which can still leave some residue on removal.