Australian FS/FT thread

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Samhain138
New User

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 am

MattTheCraw wrote:
Samhain138 wrote:Hi im looking for an alternative to outre framing in melbourne , was wondering if anyone had any recommendations ?
I heard of a woman from north balwyn who works from home but I lost her details does anyone know her??

thanks!!
Art Deco in Chapel St. Windsor.

Been framing with John for 20 years. Great prices and highest quality work. Tell em I sent ya and they'll know to look after you and your prints.
Cheers Matt! Ive got the Drew Struzan Thing print shipping from Canada ,so hopefully they can do some magic
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Would anyone be interested in a flat file?
It's similar to this photo, but has about 2/3 the amount of drawers. The drawers are the thin/shallow kind (maybe 3/4 the depth of the ones pictured).
It's also pretty massive. Would be 45"+ for the width, and sits on a stand.

It's been sitting at work for months alone in a room, not being used (it is locked with chains though). It's covered in coal dust but that's no issue.

If anyone might be interested in it, I can have a chat to some people and see if I can grab it. This stuff can be difficult to score though as people are very quick to knock off fudge from work.
I'm not promising anything, but like I said I can try.

roo
Art Expert

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:53 am

Well done mate always nice to possibly help someone and as you said they are hard to come across up here in Sydney they are very rare indeed for a good price plenty about if you are willing to spend $400-500 but not at the prices i like i.e. $50-$100 :) I had to wait for 3yrs to find mine at $100. If you have more than one 5 or 6 draw flat file and you are not a gallery you have OCD and need to on meds. 8)
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:15 am

I'm happy with my five drawer flat file, but a big one like that would be a beauty. I don't even have enough prints to fill a big one like that, but I would sure try.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
wapalms
Art Expert

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:22 am

Just been into Freo for a look at TOTM's opening :shock: Bloody awesome, get yaselves down for a look if you are abouts
I'd have this whole wall, some blurry pics for ya
Lots of gems to be found. :clap: :notworthy:
Image Image X2
stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:25 am

That huge Ramones poster look killer!
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 am

I'll be heading down over the weekend to catch it. Looks great. Seriously going to be a killer show. Congratulations on setting it all up TOTM.
The Curb

duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 am

That looks like a great show. Well done TOTM. :clap:
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:08 am

Played this on my car CD this morning and thought of you guys .. :D

The Stranglers :- Nuclear Device (The Wizard of Aus)

The older ones amongst you may remember it , the younger ones probably not. A great social comment of your politics of the time. Dreadful video , great song.

Anyone on here remember it , did it cause much of a fuss at the time?

wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 am

duckyhoward wrote:That looks like a great show. Well done TOTM. :clap:
Agreed :clap:
roo
Art Expert

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:56 am

Fattyramone wrote:Played this on my car CD this morning and thought of you guys .. :D

The older ones amongst you may remember it , the younger ones probably not. A great social comment of your politics of the time. Dreadful video , great song.

I love the original Stranglers, i was lucky enough to share a couple beers with Hugh Cornwell and Jet Black at Guilfest in Guilford, Surrey as that is where the original members are from actually they used to be called the Guildford Stranglers and played their first gig at the Star pub in Guildford in 1975 there is even a dusty brass plaque stating that bit of music history. When nuclear device came out it did not even cause a ripple here and i doubt many people even grasped what the song was about similar to the song Hanging a Round and Golden Brown when it was released down here it just went over most peoples heads, it wasn't that long ago that Peaches was allowed air play after being banned due to the line " is she trying to get out of that clitORis liberation for woman is what i preach, preacher man " you gotta love those hairy legged feminists that find certain music offensive :roll: On a more serious not congrats TOTM for pulling your event together and if anyone could buy me a plane ticket i would love to come and check it out, i can bring goodies.. :wink:
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:40 am

I'll pay for your cheap Tiger airways flight for that Banksy. 8) Unfortunately food and entertainment not included in your flight.
The Curb

roo
Art Expert

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:08 am

DonPiano wrote:I'll pay for your cheap Tiger airways flight for that Banksy. 8) Unfortunately food and entertainment not included in your flight.
Mate for the TM i would expect Qantas lots of great food, champagne, hookers and blow.. :ziggi:
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:51 pm

roo wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:Played this on my car CD this morning and thought of you guys .. :D

I love the original Stranglers, i was lucky enough to share a couple beers with Hugh Cornwell and Jet Black at Guilfest in Guilford, Surrey as that is where the original members are from actually they used to be called the Guildford Stranglers and played their first gig at the Star pub in Guildford in 1975 there is even a dusty brass plaque stating that bit of music history. When nuclear device came out it did not even cause a ripple here and i doubt many people even grasped what the song was about similar to the song Hanging a Round and Golden Brown when it was released down here it just went over most peoples heads, it wasn't that long ago that Peaches was allowed air play after being banned due to the line " is she trying to get out of that clitORis liberation for woman is what i preach, preacher man " you gotta love those hairy legged feminists that find certain music offensive :roll: On a more serious not congrats TOTM for pulling your event together and if anyone could buy me a plane ticket i would love to come and check it out, i can bring goodies.. :wink:
The Stranglers used to live a few villages up from mine in Cambridgeshire , Dave ran a Pub , JJ Burnel run the local karate (?) classes to keep up and improve his Dan status.

I've had Baz Warne play my pub twice , the last time I had a falling out with him over me advertising the gig.

Due to it being cash-in-hand for him away from his management he requested "no publicity" , which considering we are a free entry pub is unworkable , as I explained to him it could be Paul McCartney playing my pub for £250 but without me being able to tell people about it then I would lose money on the gig...big argument ,after the gig "drymount offs" all around , he's never been back. :D
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:58 pm

I think they guy who threw the pint at JJ regretted his actions instantly .... :shock:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnzzIrR26c