Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:49 am

Just binged Riverdale and loved every minute of it. It's doing to Twin Peaks/"Small town hides something bad" shows, what Scream did to Slashers.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:30 pm

I don't know what that means, but I'm definitely intrigued.
ImageT.K.C.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:58 pm

bryndavies wrote:I don't know what that means, but I'm definitely intrigued.
Showing that slashers can be fun and self aware but still pack a punch and be scary.

Riverdale is incredibly self aware, has sharp pun heavy dialogue, but has a great mystery underneath it. All the characters, except Archie, are incredibly vibrant and diverse.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:05 pm

a bit late to the party on both these shows, but I've been enjoying Luthor & Black Mirror lately
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:09 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:
bryndavies wrote:I don't know what that means, but I'm definitely intrigued.
Showing that slashers can be fun and self aware but still pack a punch and be scary.

Riverdale is incredibly self aware, has sharp pun heavy dialogue, but has a great mystery underneath it. All the characters, except Archie, are incredibly vibrant and diverse.

Adding it to the short list.
ImageT.K.C.
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:55 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:Image

Just binged Riverdale and loved every minute of it. It's doing to Twin Peaks/"Small town hides something bad" shows, what Scream did to Slashers.
Thank you for the reminder! Watched 2 EPS and forgot about it. So good so far
I donate anonymously.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:30 pm

jlabbate wrote:a bit late to the party on both these shows, but I've been enjoying Luthor & Black Mirror lately
Luther is drymounting great. I actually just finished BM recently too. Pretty good. Favorite 2 episodes are the atwell/bot one and san junipero.

Really looking forward to watching Okja tonight. It looks weird as fudge. :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:08 pm

duckyhoward wrote:^^ - Just finished up S2 and it was pretty good. The golden child / eldest rayburn son seems on a slow decent to the dark side.
Will finish of Bloodline S3 this week and then onto HOC S5.
S3 of Bloodline was a struggle. Clearly evident they had to wrap things up quickly and smash everything together in only 10 episodes. Apparently the show runners wanted to stretch it out over 6 odd seasons. That would have been hard going.
The last two episodes were a bit out of left field. Should have left it after the first season. Ben Mendelsohn's wig provided in S3 provided a few laughs.

HOC S5 didn't have the same 'bingeable' quality of previous seasons. Real life in US politics has got in the way of their storytelling.

Four episodes into El Chapo and it is really good. Well worth a look if you enjoyed Narcos.

Glow and Riverdale both looks interesting.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm hooked on glow. Stopped watching HOC after three episodes and few weeks ago and haven't gone back. Think I'm done with it.
ImageT.K.C.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:29 pm

startin hoc s5 tonight, wat yall thank? no good?
DidYouSeeMeEscaping
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:46 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Really looking forward to watching Okja tonight. It looks weird as fudge. :pint:
Caught Okja last night, definitely wierd as fudge, but in a thoroughly enjoyable way. Kinda unique how it bounced back and forth from fun to unsettling. if you enjoyed the Host I imagine you'll like this.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 am

RadRacing wrote:I suspect a lot of people wouldn't like it, but I stumbled across 'People Just Do Nothing' and thought it was pure gold. British mockumentary about some dudes running a pirate radio station
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3762198/?ref_=nv_sr_1
I re-watched this series, and damn, it is too funny. Re-upping my recommendation.

pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 am

DidYouSeeMeEscaping wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
Caught Okja last night, definitely wierd as fudge, but in a thoroughly enjoyable way. Kinda unique how it bounced back and forth from fun to unsettling. if you enjoyed the Host I imagine you'll like this.
enjoyed Okja too, and pretty much how I would describe it.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:57 am

I've enjoyed "Gypsy"
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:24 pm

The Void is up on Netflix. If you like 80s horror flicks like hellraiser and the thing, I highly recommend it. It's a lot of fun
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.