Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
toyroom
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2018 9:05 am

rubberneck wrote:
ciphe wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
bryndavies wrote:It’s a good doc if you like the true crime stuff, which I do, but it’s nothing special outside of the story itself.
Watched it last Saturday. Well produced and not too long. Worth a watch.

Crazy small town dynamics are always fun to watch.
Started it last night, liking it so far. Any other true crime stories worth watching?
Might be a bit out of date but a good start:

https://www.bustle.com/p/19-true-crime- ... ng-2440068

I watched it all the way through... I should be a detective, but I won't spoil it. Worth the watch.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Thu May 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Almost done wild wild country. It blows my mind something like this could happen. I was talking to my mom about it who knew nothing about it. It’s interesting that so many older people on the east coast don’t know of it considering it was national news. My mom said her friends sister was in the cult. I asked if she is insane and my mom said no, but she is kinda out there. :lol:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri May 18, 2018 8:59 am

1/2 way through Evil Genius...fascinating stuff
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Fri May 18, 2018 11:03 am

Just finished 'The Rain' - not a bad show, not a good show but definitely a guilty pleasure post-apocalyptic show with minimal time investment
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2018 3:43 am

https://letterboxd.com/film/wild-wild-country/
Wild Wild Country was interesting - particularly if you like exploring stories behind cults and that quasi religious type stuff.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu May 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Damn, Duckey. Welcome to last month. :P
ImageT.K.C.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 pm

jlabbate wrote:1/2 way through Evil Genius...fascinating stuff
Watched this, the thin blue line and James White over the last few days.

Evil Genius was pretty interesting but it still felt too long even with 4 episodes. I didn't really like how the documentary seemed to glorify the "intelligence" of the criminals and the whole bit about Wells being a willing participant was drymounting laughable.

The thin blue line was drymounting incredible. I don't know what made me putting off watching it for so long but it is one of the best true crime docs I have ever seen.

James White was a simple flick about a dude caring for his sick mother but it was really drymounting good. Highly recommend it.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2018 7:36 am

Finished the first season (4 eps) of the docuseries 'Dope' (not to be confused with the feature film from a couple of years back).

Great look at the war on drugs. Half from the criminals perspective, half from the police. Not sure how the makers got access to some of the criminals but damn there is some serious footage in there. Good watch if you're into true crime as much as I am.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7782022/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 1:12 pm

Recently watched LA 92. It's a Nat Geo documentary about the Rodney King riots. Someone had stated they saw it recently and that's what piqued my interest to see it as well. It was well done with a lot of footage I had never seen before. Unfortunately, not much has changed over the course of the last 26 years since it happened.

While searching for this I came across Dirty Money which is a 6-part documentary series that I've added to the list. Looks and sounds interesting as well.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu May 31, 2018 1:30 pm

finished up "Flint Town" this morning..depressing as hell
RadRacing
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Anyone checked the new season of Arrested Development yet?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 4:39 pm

RadRacing wrote:Finished the first season (4 eps) of the docuseries 'Dope' (not to be confused with the feature film from a couple of years back).

Great look at the war on drugs. Half from the criminals perspective, half from the police. Not sure how the makers got access to some of the criminals but damn there is some serious footage in there. Good watch if you're into true crime as much as I am.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7782022/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Thanks, looks interesting. Another added to the list. Are the episodes each half-hour or hour long?
Philpenn
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 4:53 pm

RadRacing wrote:Anyone checked the new season of Arrested Development yet?
First 3 yesterday. Right back into the swing of it.

New Kimmy today, or tomorrow too.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:05 am

Irishman12 wrote:Thanks, looks interesting. Another added to the list. Are the episodes each half-hour or hour long?
in the 50 minute range