What are you watching.....RIGHT NOW!!!

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:00 pm

I saw THE COMMUTER last night. It had some pretty decent action and was able to keep it suspenseful with an intriguing puzzle for Liam Neeson to figure out in a short period of time. The reveal wasn't a bad surprised. I like how Liam Neeson, at his age of 65, is still able to make and be believable in these types of films. On a personal note it was a nice treat to hear all of the stops in the movie as I take that line to go into New York City or to Yankee Stadium so I'm familiar with Cold Spring, Beacon, Tarrytown, etc. 6.5/10
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Ken Burns' Brooklyn Bridge doc
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:10 pm

First film of 2018. Museum had screenings of Lady Bird over the weekend, so finally decided to see it.

Very well done, tight script and performances.
Last edited by FrankBooth on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 pm

So it goes...
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:07 am

High Maintenance is back on HBO. Dang, I love this show.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 am

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:High Maintenance is back on HBO. Dang, I love this show.
just watched this last week^ thought it was a clever, certainly well produced show. New season premier was great as well.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Gave DJANGO UNCHAINED another rewatch last night. I had been wanting to rewatch this since before Christmas. As I'm watching the opening credits I still wonder how Will Smith would have fared in the leading role and to this day I'm not sure if he would have been better or worse than Jamie Foxx? Not that Jamie did a bad job; quite the contrary, he was fantastic. I also think I appreciate DiCaprio as Calvin Candy more and more every time I watch it. Him and Samuel L. Jackson work so well off of each other in the few scenes they have together. I'm looking forward to seeing Leo in QT's new film and see what he can do with the material.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:27 pm

The new ep of Crashing (HBO). Good stuff. Fun show to watch.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:35 pm

So it goes...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 am

Irishman12 wrote:Gave DJANGO UNCHAINED another rewatch last night. I had been wanting to rewatch this since before Christmas. As I'm watching the opening credits I still wonder how Will Smith would have fared in the leading role and to this day I'm not sure if he would have been better or worse than Jamie Foxx? Not that Jamie did a bad job; quite the contrary, he was fantastic. I also think I appreciate DiCaprio as Calvin Candy more and more every time I watch it. Him and Samuel L. Jackson work so well off of each other in the few scenes they have together. I'm looking forward to seeing Leo in QT's new film and see what he can do with the material.
It's hard for me to imagine Will Smith in that role. It would be interesting to see though. I doubt he would be as embody Django as well as Foxx. That role seems suited for him.

DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson are terrific in Django. My favorite parts of the movie. Ol' Don Johnson cracks me up as well:

I haven't seen it in awhile, but I remember the movie really losing steam after their plan was foiled. I wasn't a fan of QT's cameo. Fun movie though; well-directed, crazy screenplay, killer soundtrack, and fine performances from a terrific ensemble.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:29 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Gave DJANGO UNCHAINED another rewatch last night. I had been wanting to rewatch this since before Christmas. As I'm watching the opening credits I still wonder how Will Smith would have fared in the leading role and to this day I'm not sure if he would have been better or worse than Jamie Foxx? Not that Jamie did a bad job; quite the contrary, he was fantastic. I also think I appreciate DiCaprio as Calvin Candy more and more every time I watch it. Him and Samuel L. Jackson work so well off of each other in the few scenes they have together. I'm looking forward to seeing Leo in QT's new film and see what he can do with the material.
It's hard for me to imagine Will Smith in that role. It would be interesting to see though. I doubt he would be as embody Django as well as Foxx. That role seems suited for him.

DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson are terrific in Django. My favorite parts of the movie. Ol' Don Johnson cracks me up as well:

I haven't seen it in awhile, but I remember the movie really losing steam after their plan was foiled. I wasn't a fan of QT's cameo. Fun movie though; well-directed, crazy screenplay, killer soundtrack, and fine performances from a terrific ensemble.
Oh yes, good ol' Don Johnson as Big Daddy was amazing! I'm not sure how many people are aware but Quentin had 2 cameo's in the film. He is one of the Klans men during the bag scene who makes the comment about next time going "full regalia." And yes I agree as well, once the plan is foiled the movie does lose a little steam but by then it's mostly over anyway. Just have to wrap it up.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Remastered (which makes little difference) Robotech The Macross saga
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:42 pm

I finally was able to see PHANTOM THREAD last night. Wow, Daniel Day-Lewis is such a fantastic actor! He and Paul Thomas Anderson put on another great show together and this was my introduction to Vicky Krieps. She does a great job at holding her own against the powerful DDL. The clothes obviously make the film and I liked DDL's mannerisms and accent. The story definitely didn't end the way I was expecting it to. Even after almost 24 hours later upon viewing it I'm still digesting it. Hopefully this isn't the last time DDL graces the silver screen. 7.5/10
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Had a long, hard week at work, so watching "Black Dynamite." I love this movie more every time I watch it.
I would trade a kidney to have someone put the soundtrack out on vinyl.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 pm

HOSTILES was a good picture but definitely a slow burn. Christian Bale does a great job at playing a burnt out, seen too much of war soldier while Rosamund Pike, although with not a lot of dialogue, does a fantastic job at letting the audience know exactly how she feels with her facial expressions and body language. They both turned in very good performances. An underrated actor in my opinion but Ben Foster makes an appearance as well and even though he isn't fully utilized, he does pose an interesting question to Bale, the company he's traveling with and the audience in general. Overall, a good film that I felt ran a bit too long. 6.5/10