What are you watching.....RIGHT NOW!!!

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Just finished watching Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Not bad.

So it goes...
deancc
Art Expert

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE

This film, not only being controversial for many reasons, but is also difficult to watch. While the subject matter is nothing to praise, I at least give credit to Director Meir Zarchi for his honest account and portrayal of a woman, played by Camille Keaton, who is repeatedly raped by 4 locals when she ventures off for a summer at a cabin to write her novel. Many view this as filth and exploitation while some commend it for its feminism. It at least gives the audience the chance to think where they feel it belongs without the director giving us his opinion or forcing his upon us. A lot of respect to the cast and crew who shot this as a few people did quit the production due to the violence portrayed. Also, this was shot in 1978 and with a low budget, meaning only one camera was used and the rape scenes had to be filmed multiple times from different angles. In addition, I appreciate the fact very little music is used in the film, rather leaving the characters and the audience left with the tranquility of silence that nature provides, while at the same time, reminding us just how alone this girl is. Again, this is not a film for everyone but I appreciate the honestly it provides as something as selfish and hideous as rape should not be glamorized on the big screen like it has so many times before and since this film's release. 6/10

based on a Bergmen movie , the virgin spring
I never saw it. If you have, any good?
It's VERY good.
deancc
Art Expert

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:34 pm

Watched Dancer in the Dark for the first time. This movie destroyed me. Bjork is incredible.

Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm

LOVING PABLO

I was really looking forward to this as the trailer had my interest, as did the subject matter. Both Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz were very good in their roles as Pablo Escobar and Virginia Vallejo respectively. The film is about the longstanding affair the two had during Pablo's rise until his death in 1993. Virginia was a journalist in Columbia who since fled to America for fear of her life. She later wrote a book, which then became this film. Being that this is a love story, their isn't much violence in the film. I was a little disappointed with Bardem's performance as I was hoping he was going to bring more to the film. At times he seemed to mumble and it made it difficult to hear him. At other times, you can clearly tell he was wearing a prosthetic belly to show the weight gain of Pablo. I thought it had some promise and unfortunately, was somewhat of a let down. If you want to see a great show about Pablo watch NARCOS on Netflix. It's fantastic and Wagner Moura is outstanding as Pablo. 5.5/10
sickleclaw
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:18 am

Currently watching Season 2 of Luke Cage. So far its really good, better then the first season. Villain is compelling to me, and you really get a more vivid sense of all the characters.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:02 pm

sickleclaw wrote:Currently watching Season 2 of Luke Cage. So far its really good, better then the first season. Villain is compelling to me, and you really get a more vivid sense of all the characters.
I am surprised how much I am enjoying this season. S1 was mediocre, but this one is much more interesting. So far I'm enjoying all of the new characters dynamics. And every scene with Bushmaster is worth the watch.
sickleclaw
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:18 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:
sickleclaw wrote:Currently watching Season 2 of Luke Cage. So far its really good, better then the first season. Villain is compelling to me, and you really get a more vivid sense of all the characters.
I am surprised how much I am enjoying this season. S1 was mediocre, but this one is much more interesting. So far I'm enjoying all of the new characters dynamics. And every scene with Bushmaster is worth the watch.
Agreed. I was surprised by how much better a villain Bushmaster was then either Cottonmouth or Diamondback. I also really like how Black Mariah was being fleshed out during this season, and more emphasis on Shades as well.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:26 am

Waco (Tv Mini Series)

A stellar cast (Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, Paul Sparks, Andrea Riseborough, John Leguizamo, etc) and a compelling story likely looked good on paper but something is off in the execution of this. Slightly misses the mark and comes off as corny.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6040674/
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:20 am

afrosteeziac wrote:
3/4 of the way done myself..liking it a lot
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:10 pm

RadRacing wrote:Waco (Tv Mini Series)

A stellar cast (Michael Shannon, Taylor Kitsch, Paul Sparks, Andrea Riseborough, John Leguizamo, etc) and a compelling story likely looked good on paper but something is off in the execution of this. Slightly misses the mark and comes off as corny.

I wanted to see this but I don't have the Paramount network. I believe that's what it's on here in the States.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Irishman12 wrote:

I wanted to see this but I don't have the Paramount network. I believe that's what it's on here in the States.
I believe you are right. Used to be Spike I think, and this was supposed to be a big show for their rebranding, if I'm not mistaken.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Halfway through The Chi, anyone else checked this out? Did you enjoy it?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6294706/
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:59 pm

RadRacing wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

I believe you are right. Used to be Spike I think, and this was supposed to be a big show for their rebranding, if I'm not mistaken.
Gotcha. I'll have to see if it ever becomes available on any of the streaming platforms.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:22 pm

I laugh like a bastard at Detroiters.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Ken Burns:Vietnam War