What are you watching.....RIGHT NOW!!!

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:53 am

Irishman12 wrote:DRIVE-IN MASSACRE

A great time capsule for those of us to jump in to who were either too young or weren't born yet to enjoy the experience of a drive-in movie theater. The theater used in this film actually had a playground for kids. I'm not sure if this was typical or not? The movie itself is still a somewhat bad/somewhat decent grindhouse film. Very bad lighting in parts during the nighttime scenes. I won't lie that I kind of felt a little gypped at the end in regards to the killer. 4.5/10
In Australia, we had playgrounds just under the screen, so kids could play on them while their parents were watching the movie. A twofer.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:05 pm

DonPiano wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:DRIVE-IN MASSACRE

A great time capsule for those of us to jump in to who were either too young or weren't born yet to enjoy the experience of a drive-in movie theater. The theater used in this film actually had a playground for kids. I'm not sure if this was typical or not? The movie itself is still a somewhat bad/somewhat decent grindhouse film. Very bad lighting in parts during the nighttime scenes. I won't lie that I kind of felt a little gypped at the end in regards to the killer. 4.5/10
In Australia, we had playgrounds just under the screen, so kids could play on them while their parents were watching the movie. A twofer.
Good to know, thanks!

CHOPPING MALL

I had seen some of this before during an Alamo Drafthouse screening but never completely. Wow, what a completely trashy movie. I would seriously love to meet the individual(s) who green lit this picture to proceed into development. The premise here is 8 stupid California kids who work at a local mall, "camp out" in one of the stores they work in (a furniture store) to drink and have sex. However, recently installed security robots malfunction and begin to pick the kids off one-by-one. I won't lie as there were times I genuinely laughed at some of the death scenes here and I could see this easily falling into the category of "so bad it's good." 3/10
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 am

Alien Resurrection (1997)

Worth a watch just to see Tuco from Breaking Bad, Wormtongue from LOTR movies, and Sigourney Weaver hand Winona Ryder a big floppy alien dildo.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:18 am

Irishman12 wrote:
RadRacing wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:THE BRIDE WORE BLACK
I didn't even know there was a movie for this! I LOVED the book. Tarantino definitely based a lot of Kill Bill off of it. Going to try and grab the movie on my way home tonight.
Good luck! I was very impressed with it and would like to pick up the book one day. Compare and contrast plus gain some more in sight into the characters if it's provided.
Checked this movie out yesterday. Not too shabby.

There isn't a whole lot of character background or development in the book. It is supposed to be mysterious, and it achieves that quite well. In the movie those dudes were straight up all about the ladies. There is less of that in the book (although there is some, as it is required for the victims to be manipulated so easily). The book also takes place in the US from what I remember.

Rendezvous in Black (also by Cornell Woolrich) follows a similar plot, and is also a fantastic read. With the man playing the executioner this time.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:14 pm

RadRacing wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
RadRacing wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:THE BRIDE WORE BLACK
I didn't even know there was a movie for this! I LOVED the book. Tarantino definitely based a lot of Kill Bill off of it. Going to try and grab the movie on my way home tonight.
Good luck! I was very impressed with it and would like to pick up the book one day. Compare and contrast plus gain some more in sight into the characters if it's provided.
Checked this movie out yesterday. Not too shabby.

There isn't a whole lot of character background or development in the book. It is supposed to be mysterious, and it achieves that quite well. In the movie those dudes were straight up all about the ladies. There is less of that in the book (although there is some, as it is required for the victims to be manipulated so easily). The book also takes place in the US from what I remember.

Rendezvous in Black (also by Cornell Woolrich) follows a similar plot, and is also a fantastic read. With the man playing the executioner this time.
Really? That's interesting. Which do you prefer, The Bride Wore Black or Rendezvous In Black?
SPAC04
Art Expert

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Drive, haven't seen it all they way thru since it came outte
earlgreytoast wrote:Alien Resurrection (1997)

Worth a watch just to see Tuco from Breaking Bad, Wormtongue from LOTR movies, and Sigourney Weaver hand Winona Ryder a big floppy alien dildo.
don't forget Hellboy, he in there as well. That movie shtinks. "Weiland Yutani has been bought up by.....Walmart." ew
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:37 pm

DETROIT

Another film that looked better from the previews than in it's entirety. The story I felt was kind of rushed at the beginning and bounced around a lot. As such, by the time it did introduce us to our main characters, I wasn't invested in them at all. Their story of mistreatment and injustice is horrible and I'm not trying to belittle what they went through, but this film just didn't touch me in the way I believe they were hoping to reach an audience. However, unfortunately, we as a society haven't grown as much over the course of the last 50 years, as the story is as relevant today as it was back in 1967 when these events occurred: racial tensions and police brutality. Kathryn Bigelow has done better and this is definitely not one of her best films. In addition, some of the riot scenes looked too staged and that took me out of the moment. I'm a sucker for two things: continuity and authenticity and when either one of those is missing, it's hard for me to buy in as an audience member. The continuity of the film was fine but the authenticity ruined it for me. 5/10
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Hosted a screening of Brazil at the Alamo Drafthouse last night. It was a packed crowd and more than half of the audience hadn't seen it. Played great.

Currently checking out the BR 2049 special features.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Sneaky Pete, Season 2, Episode 5
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:58 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Hosted a screening of Brazil at the Alamo Drafthouse last night. It was a packed crowd and more than half of the audience hadn't seen it. Played great.
Haven't seen this in probably a decade. Coincidentally my bluray copy is scheduled for delivery sometime this afternoon.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:04 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Hosted a screening of Brazil at the Alamo Drafthouse last night. It was a packed crowd and more than half of the audience hadn't seen it. Played great.
Haven't seen this in probably a decade. Coincidentally my bluray copy is scheduled for delivery sometime this afternoon.
You're in for a treat. It only gets better with time. So good :heart:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Paddington 2.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:57 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
You're in for a treat. It only gets better with time. So good :heart:
Definitely looking forward to watching in HD. I've acquired a small stack of bluray I need to watch (mostly Criterion) over the past week, so I need to find time this coming week to watch a bunch of stuff.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:27 am

Ran into time constraints last night trying to make sure everything was ready for me to come back to the office today and for my son to get back to school, so only had about 90 minutes available. Ended up watching Overlord for the first time. It was good (not great); it was much more prosaic than I'd expected going in, but I'm only familiar with it because Criterion put it out, so knew very little about it.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:50 pm

THE BLOOD SPLATTERED BRIDE

Another film I was able to find on Amazon Prime. I watched it because it was referenced in Quentin Tarantino's KILL BILL, however, this film has very little, if anything to do with Tarantino's work. The film is a Spanish horror movie about a man whose gross sexual appetite alienates his new bride, who eventually recoils from his advances and ends up seduced by a female vampire. The story moved pretty slow and it lost my interest somewhat about halfway or more through. 5/10