The Walking Dead on AMC

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 am

i guess the inexhaustible supply of bullets ran out at the wrong time for the king...

If you hold the trigger down on a fully automatic weapon the clip empties in about a second. So sick of seeing firefights going on for 5 minutes with everyone rocking and rolling and no clip changes.

Edit: from now on I am just going to hate-watch this show.

And the king at the end

ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby earlgreytoast on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:38 am

:lol: Pretty predictable pattern for most who watch the show - Intrigued > love it > like it > tolerate it > don't like it but continue to watch to "see what happens" > hate watch it > finally cut the tether and feel better about yourself and the world in general for cutting it out of your life.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby ONEYE on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:i guess the inexhaustible supply of bullets ran out at the wrong time for the king...

If you hold the trigger down on a fully automatic weapon the clip empties in about a second. So sick of seeing firefights going on for 5 minutes with everyone rocking and rolling and no clip changes.

Edit: from now on I am just going to hate-watch this show.

And the king at the end

A clip holds multiple rounds of ammunition together, you remove the rounds from the clip and insert them into a magazine. Just providing this information in case you want to use the correct terminology
in the future. Older weapons, like the M-16 I used in the USMC in the later 70s, early 80s used to go full automatic, but that was changed. In the Marines we are trained to make every round count. We
don't go full automatic. However, I do not know what the training is like for the other services. To help conserve ammo, the full automatic option was removed and replaced with a 3 round burst. You hold
down the trigger and only 3 rounds will be fired. You have to release the trigger and then depress it again to let another single round, or triple round go.

I don't think there are very many automatic M16's out there. I also find it odd that there are so many AK-47s on the show.
Last edited by ONEYE on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Thank you for your service and the correction. The fact that they removed the full auto setting is interesting. I never knew that

I wonder is ricks Jeep could really keep going after a .50 cal to the block (where the shot hit based on the radiator steam.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK

Postby matowest on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I wonder is ricks Jeep could really keep going after a .50 cal to the block (where the shot hit based on the radiator steam.

I'm no artillery or auto expert, but I'm pretty sure the answer is "no."
matowest
Art Expert

Postby chimpun on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Your attention to detail is why you are also not a writer for this show.
chimpun
Art Expert

Postby IronBott on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:46 pm

chimpun wrote:Your attention to detail is why you are also not a writer for this show.

This made me laugh way too hard
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Postby spunkmonkey on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:55 pm

To help conserve ammo, the full automatic option was removed and replaced with a 3 round burst.

This piqued my interest, so I did a little reading.

M16- The "OG", full auto
M16A1 - full auto
M16A2 - 3 round burst
M16A3 - same as M16A2 but full auto (used by Navy and Special Ops)
M16A4 - 3 round burst
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:12 pm

earlgreytoast wrote::lol: Pretty predictable pattern for most who watch the show - Intrigued > love it > like it > tolerate it > don't like it but continue to watch to "see what happens" > hate watch it > finally cut the tether and feel better about yourself and the world in general for cutting it out of your life.

I didn't watch this week.

Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby ONEYE on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:28 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Thank you for your service and the correction. The fact that they removed the full auto setting is interesting. I never knew that

I wonder is ricks Jeep could really keep going after a .50 cal to the block (where the shot hit based on the radiator steam.

My pleasure and calling to serve. When the M16 full automatic was introduced during Vietnam, I know there were problems (no offense, with soldiers, newbs to combat) the combat novices would empty their magazine during the initial contact, then, they'd have to eject the magazine and re-insert another full magazine. Can be done in seconds if you are seasoned. However, the original M16's didn't have a forward assist button which would help seat the round in the chamber, so many times, the weapon would jam with the 2nd magazine being inserted. All of this, inexperience, reloading another magazine, potential for jamming, lost valuable seconds when you have the enemy shooting at you. New guys, who didn't learn quick, died quicker.

TWD has rarely shown problems with weapons, jamming or otherwise. I think the "King" even use the weapon as a crutch. Pushing the business end into the ground and potentially clogging the barrel with dirt and rocks, which could also cause catastrophic problems. I don't see anyone cleaning their weapons very much. You have to keep it clean. They require maintenance to work properly. The exception being the AK-47. Which I have had some experience firing. Not very accurate when compared to the M16, however, that is one weapon that can be dirty as hell, and still fire well. All shows pretty much don't have the correct advisors when it comes to weapons, it's all about what looks cool. I also suspect they use a lot of airsoft weapons, which look very accurate, especially for their limited screen time.

Oh hell, a US military magazines hold 30 rounds. Not unlimited rounds.

Sorry, way more than you or anyone wants to know or cares about.
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Postby SPAC04 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 pm

I have been reading the comic since it began, not a big fan of the show. I think they use the weapons depicted in the panels of the comic when sourcing the props for the show. My suspension of disbelief actually checks out not due to the models of weapons, rather when I see the characters brandishing firearms with immaculate composite stocks/scopes & silencers. I don't doubt they would be able to find and use these weapons and accessories, but you would think there would be at least a little visible wear and tear in a total zombie Apocalypse, especially with the mileage they are getting out of said firearms.

I could be wrong, as this observation was made after I caught a promo for the show, I haven't watched a full episode since before Negan appeared (who in my opinion is way better character in the book than on the show).

If this thread is anything like the GoT thread then I should add the disclaimer that I don't have much invested in this series. It's just my .02 as yall are discussing the show's weaponry.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 am

chimpun wrote:Your attention to detail is why you are also not a writer for this show.

Yeah, my shows would be like 4 hours long and EVERYONE would be dead by the end. But honestly I am beginning to think a show from the walkers perspective would be better. There was a book out that I read a few years ago where it was all written from the perspective of a zombie who retained enough brain power to conduct inner monologues. His human side hated to eat people, but his zombie side just had to. Anyone else read this book?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Postby Philpenn on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:16 am

My shitting pants have turned all crusty, and are beginning to chafe. How much longer must I wear them until we get a check in with Negan?
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 am

Codeblue wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote::lol: Pretty predictable pattern for most who watch the show - Intrigued > love it > like it > tolerate it > don't like it but continue to watch to "see what happens" > hate watch it > finally cut the tether and feel better about yourself and the world in general for cutting it out of your life.

I didn't watch this week.

Queuing up for a big marathon sesh? Got it. :D
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImage

Postby Codeblue on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Philpenn wrote:My shitting pants have turned all crusty, and are beginning to chafe. How much longer must I wear them until we get a check in with Negan?

Teh finale. Duh.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV