the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 pm

From my reading, Sherlock is likely done, at least for the foreseeable future. Both Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are pretty busy actors and Steven Moffat is off doing something with Bram Stoker's Dracula. None of them outright say it is over, but those seasons were like doing 4-5 full length movies in a short time and I imagine it was tough on all of them.

I am also ready for the new Dr. Who season to start and American Horror Story started back up tonight!
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:From my reading, Sherlock is likely done, at least for the foreseeable future. Both Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are pretty busy actors and Steven Moffat is off doing something with Bram Stoker's Dracula. None of them outright say it is over, but those seasons were like doing 4-5 full length movies in a short time and I imagine it was tough on all of them.

I am also ready for the new Dr. Who season to start and American Horror Story started back up tonight!
Thanks again for the info. I want to watch OZARK Season 2 but it's just finding the time
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:29 am

Stop watching bad movies in the theater and you'll have plenty of time.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:38 am

finneganm wrote:In regards to Kidding, I had no idea that Gondry directed it (or at least the first two episodes). So far, I’m impressed.
Watching it based on the recommendations here and have to agree. Very well written and directed.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:48 am

Norm McDonald Has a Show has roughly the production value of this post, but the first episode with David Spade was phenomenal. Drew Barrymore episode was good enough, but I could have watched Norm & Spade go back and forth for a feature length episode.
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:29 pm

finneganm wrote:Norm McDonald Has a Show has roughly the production value of this post, but the first episode with David Spade was phenomenal. Drew Barrymore episode was good enough, but I could have watched Norm & Spade go back and forth for a feature length episode.
Word.
All of the 'em have been great imo. Letterman's is up there with Spade's. The 90s live again!
just a foil for me today, thanks
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:38 pm

I know I'm a little late to the Jack Ryan conversation, but damn, I wanted that to be better. It was a pretty good plot. But the writing was mediocre, at best. Sub-par acting, and really bad directing/editing/production.

The love story felt very shoehorned. And the tone was constantly and abruptly changing. Krasinski went back to the "turning towards the camera with a perplexed look on his face" from The Office, but modified it to a more blank expression, looking just slightly off camera whenever he had a revelation about the case.

6.5/10
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:58 pm

jjbehren wrote:I know I'm a little late to the Jack Ryan conversation, but damn, I wanted that to be better. It was a pretty good plot. But the writing was mediocre, at best. Sub-par acting, and really bad directing/editing/production.

The love story felt very shoehorned. And the tone was constantly and abruptly changing. Krasinski went back to the "turning towards the camera with a perplexed look on his face" from The Office, but modified it to a more blank expression, looking just slightly off camera whenever he had a revelation about the case.

6.5/10
Exactly! It is like he is struggling to keep from staring directly into the camera.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Digging The First on Hulu so far (three episodes in). It’s really, really full of itself, but the acting is spot on and the cinematography is quite pretty. We’re going back and forth between that, and the Norm McDonald show (which continues to be fantastic).
That's what she said
sickleclaw
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Just finished binging Maniac on Netflix, I thought it was definitely pretty interesting, mind bending in some ways. Looking forward to seeing Daredevil season 3 next week as well!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Just finished up Iron Fist Season 2 myself. I really enjoyed. Perfect timing for the next Daredevil :pint:
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:14 pm

LKERHFAL;.KDJFGLAK.SDJFGLA;SKDJFG!!! My friend just let me know that as of yesterday they cancelled Iron Fist. (https://deadline.com/2018/10/marvel-iro ... 202482048/)

Goddamnit

So it goes...
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:52 pm

I was sad to hear it was cancelled too. I haven't seen Season 2 yet but I did enjoy Season 1 and it wasn't nearly as bad as others made it out to be.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:34 am

Forever on Prime was fantastic. Had zero idea on the overall theme of the show prior to watching, but it was much more interesting than I thought it would be. Open ended to the point where they could do another season if they wanted, but I was completely satisfied with how they ended it.
That's what she said
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:11 pm

And now LUKE CAGE has been cancelled as well.