the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
iratasan
Flipper

Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:28 pm

with all those great and not so great TV series returning, how about some discussion on that matter?

short sumup from my side so far:

spoiler alert!

greys anatomy - pathetic as always. apart from that: george is dead. great. izzy is still alive. fudge.

house - hmmm, seems like they are trying a new angle AGAIN. didn't work out with that evil cop and evil millionair getting control over the hospital theme, but maybe they can pull it off this time around.

how not to live your life - still the funniest show on tv. had some character changes, whis worried me at first, but it found it's way back at episode 2 of this season.

csi (all of them) - count me out. they already killed the series and the spinoffs last midseason storywise. all that's left is boredom and flashbacks.

the big bang theory - hate all you want, this is some funny innovative fudge. still! they gotta kill and replace that sheldon character sooner or later. that running gag is getting pretty annoying.
stoffel
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:32 pm

californication, it's getting over the top, but hank still stays funny
i apologize to anyone who fought a grizzly bear to make it to a computer. i appreciate the support.
iratasan
Flipper

Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:33 pm

stoffel wrote:californication, it's getting over the top, but hank still stays funny
true dat.
stoffel
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:36 pm

iratasan wrote:with all those great and not so great TV series returning, how about some discussion on that matter?

short sumup from my side so far:

spoiler alert!

greys anatomy - pathetic as always. apart from that: george is dead. great. izzy is still alive. fudge.

house - hmmm, seems like they are trying a new angle AGAIN. didn't work out with that evil cop and evil millionair getting control over the hospital theme, but maybe they can pull it off this time around.

how not to live your life - still the funniest show on tv. had some character changes, whis worried me at first, but it found it's way back at episode 2 of this season.

csi (all of them) - count me out. they already killed the series and the spinoffs last midseason storywise. all that's left is boredom and flashbacks.

the big bang theory - hate all you want, this is some funny innovative fudge. still! they gotta kill and replace that sheldon character sooner or later. that running gag is getting pretty annoying.
and i really liked the angle they pulled on house, tho i don't think they can keep it up the entire series. good opener to draw the people in. sadly they can't change much of the character, or they lose the charm
i apologize to anyone who fought a grizzly bear to make it to a computer. i appreciate the support.
kyle
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Fringe is the only show i watch other than Weeds.

am i missing out on other great shows ?

i generally despise television.

commercials give me anxiety.
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
decker3984
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:22 pm

kyle wrote:Fringe is the only show i watch other than Weeds.

am i missing out on other great shows ?

i generally despise television.

commercials give me anxiety.
That is why cable TV is the way to go. All you need is one station. . . Showtime.

3 Best shows on TV (IMO):

Dexter, Californication and United States of Tara
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
decker3984
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Oh and Weeds. . . So I guess 4 Best Shows on TV on 1 station.
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
Cookowski
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:27 pm

United States of Tara was great. Anyone watch the first season of Nurse Jackie? Wasn't too bad.

decker3984
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Nurse Jackie was alright but I can't really say I was highly impressed.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:31 pm

I miss Arrested Development :cry:
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:34 pm

TV died when the drymounting cocksuckers failed to renew drymounting Deadwood. :D

Actually my girlfriend watched all 5 seasons of House over the summer so I saw a lot of that. Not a bad show for network TV although it does get repetitive. Only saw the first episode of united states of tara but it looked like it at least had promise. I watched about a half season of fringe and dollhouse before giving up and from what i've heard both those shows got a lot better after that. Just biding my time until the return of Lost.

And yeah, arrested development was one of the best shows ever.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:37 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:I miss Arrested Development :cry:
Movie out next year. Hope it doesn't suck.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:38 pm

I love HBO and Showtime. And FX isn't bad either.

Grey's Anatomy - Always has been horrible, but I can't stop watching. Plus, Sandra Oh redeems the show for me and it's a bonus that she's from my area.

House - The first episode was pretty good. I think they're trying to change the formula, but it's not going to last long. I already know some spoilers about various characters. It was slightly disappointing to me that Cuddy + House didn't really happen in the last season finale, but I suppose we still saw them go through the actions.

CSI - Getting worse by the episode, but that's because they didn't stop when they should have. I do catch an episode every now and then. My favourite CSI is still CSI:NY. My preference is character development, although I know others prefer the crime investigations.

The Office - Pretty good. There are some characters I still don't care for, but that's like any show.

Curb Your Enthusiasm - HILARIOUS as always.

I can add about 10-15 more shows to this list, but I'll do that later, once some of them start up again. I watch way too much TV (and I do have a life, so it's surprising).
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:41 pm

decker3984
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:42 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:I miss Arrested Development :cry:
Agreed.