the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed May 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Just finished up with The Terror on AMC..damn good horror min-series..ending differs from the book slightly, but a satisfying conclusion nonetheless
IWish
Art Expert

Wed May 23, 2018 8:38 pm

I liked it a lot.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 pm

Finished up Season 3 (Coven) on Monday. Not bad. Could have done without all of the Stevie Nicks stuff, but otherwise, still enjoying the show. Freak Show's next

So it goes...
fredo
Art God

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:04 am

I enjoyed the season finale of Killing Eve. Not super interested in carrying the plot into S2 though. Felt like they could've written 1-2 more episodes, tied everything up and then got on with another storyline which I could then have ignored with impunity. Though Luther did a similar thing and ended up only needing the first couple eps of S2 to finish the OG (good) story.
just a foil for me today, thanks
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 am

Oof, just finished the Freak Show season... big drop off. Kind of regret sticking with that season. Hopefully picks back up in the next.

So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:34 am

Hotel is def better than the freak show garbage.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Codeblue wrote:Hotel is def better than the freak show garbage.
Agreed. Lady Gaga did a great job in Hotel. I gave up on American Horror Story during the Roanoke season. Was last season any good?
Last edited by Irishman12 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Luls. Me too. Was watching with the lady, but just couldn't do it anymo. Of course she liked it.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Agreed. Lady Gaga did a great job in Hotel. I gave up on American Horror Story during the Roanoke season. Was last season any good?
Last season was interesting, but I liked Roanoke as well, so do with that what you will. I enjoyed the trump parallels and once I pushed my clown phobia down some, I liked the rest as well.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:48 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
Last season was interesting, but I liked Roanoke as well, so do with that what you will. I enjoyed the trump parallels and once I pushed my clown phobia down some, I liked the rest as well.
Thanks for the feedback. Last season was Cult. I don't remember even seeing any commercials for it. Is it about Trump or politics or what?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Last season was Cult. I don't remember even seeing any commercials for it. Is it about Trump or politics or what?
It was an amalgam of cult topics using politics as an overarching mega cult. They flashed back to multiple cultists (Koresh, Manson, Jones, etc) for short times and interweaved killer clowns into the whole thing. Really best to check out the first few episodes for yourself. It is pretty wild. Oh and there are lesbians.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
fredo
Art God

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:43 pm

S6 of Americans is pretty damn dope so far. I'm not going in that thread til I'm finished though.

I was thinking they should do an offshoot - Fear the Aemricans - told entirely from Henry's POV.
just a foil for me today, thanks
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:23 am

Codeblue wrote:Luls. Me too. Was watching with the lady, but just couldn't do it anymo. Of course she liked it.
You married yet?
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 am

It's been terrible since Season 1... but I just can't stop watching it.
sickleclaw
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 am

jlabbate wrote:Just finished up with The Terror on AMC..damn good horror min-series..ending differs from the book slightly, but a satisfying conclusion nonetheless
Heard its getting a second season, pretty hyped for that!