the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
fredo
Art God

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:57 pm

It was new and shiny. People love shiny.
just a foil for me today, thanks
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:59 pm

It wasn't bad. I enjoyed it for what it was. With that said, I couldn't see myself watching a similar show now. It had its place in time. :pint:
So it goes...
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:09 pm

finneganm wrote:It does not end well.
And to your point, yes, it did not end well. I liked the last maybe 30 seconds of it but that was about it. Not a great show overall.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
And to your point, yes, it did not end well. I liked the last maybe 30 seconds of it but that was about it. Not a great show overall.
You have been powering through some TV! Peaky Blinders is an excellent show if you have not watched it.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:01 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
You have been powering through some TV! Peaky Blinders is an excellent show if you have not watched it.
Yeah I took a recent break from Filmstruck because I'd been wanting to see these. I still have a lot of series on my list but I'm going to switchback to Filmstruck for now. You don't want to see what my watchlist looks like there :D And I did see the first 2 seasons of PEAKY BLINDERS. My boss told me about it. I need to get caught up. What season are they on now? I also need to catch up on SHERLOCK as well.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Newest episode of Castle Rock makes this whole series much more interesting. Digging it.
That's what she said
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:20 am

finished watching Sharp Objects, a slow portrayal of some radical evil of the female sort. Takeaway = women are as evil as men. Sorry women.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:38 am

Kidding w/ Jim Carey on Showime is pretty damned good..2 episodes in and I think I found my favorite new show of 2018
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:05 am

In regards to Kidding, I had no idea that Gondry directed it (or at least the first two episodes). So far, I’m impressed.
That's what she said
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
Yeah I took a recent break from Filmstruck because I'd been wanting to see these. I still have a lot of series on my list but I'm going to switchback to Filmstruck for now. You don't want to see what my watchlist looks like there :D And I did see the first 2 seasons of PEAKY BLINDERS. My boss told me about it. I need to get caught up. What season are they on now? I also need to catch up on SHERLOCK as well.
Peaky Blinders is season 4 with season 5 releasing in summer 2019.

From some interview with the show creator:
"What's more, creator Steven Knight is now planning the sixth and seventh seasons, with season seven expected to mark the end of the show. "My ambition is to make it a story of a family between two wars, so always I've wanted to end it with the first air raid siren in Birmingham in 1939. It'll take three more series [to reach that point]," he explained."

Fingers crossed Netflix ponies up the cash and lets him do it.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:09 am

finneganm wrote:Newest episode of Castle Rock makes this whole series much more interesting. Digging it.
Had me completely lost, and I was never fully in the know. I do watch while working though, so probably my fault.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:57 am

Isn't it a BBC production?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:11 pm

RadRacing wrote:
Isn't it a BBC production?
I think you’re right. Given how much I watch I watch on Netflix, I just assume they own everything.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Netflix has US distro rights, though something tells me if BBC didn't renew it, Netflix would pick up the rights to the whole fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
Peaky Blinders is season 4 with season 5 releasing in summer 2019.

From some interview with the show creator:
"What's more, creator Steven Knight is now planning the sixth and seventh seasons, with season seven expected to mark the end of the show. "My ambition is to make it a story of a family between two wars, so always I've wanted to end it with the first air raid siren in Birmingham in 1939. It'll take three more series [to reach that point]," he explained."

Fingers crossed Netflix ponies up the cash and lets him do it.[/quote]

Nice info, thanks! I'll have to catch up one of these days. My queue across multiple platforms (Prime, Filmstruck, Netflix) just continues to grow. Any word on SHERLOCK or has that series concluded?