the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:26 am

the league has just gotten so, so bad. i'm done with it. but here's to a new season of sunny.
ImageT.K.C.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:28 am

duckyhoward wrote:I'd jump back in a finish off rest of the episodes. Luther is still a whole lot better than most tv shows going around.

Season 2 of The Fall has started back on the TV in the UK. Season 1 was very good.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0295tcf

now this i'm all in for. loved the first season. gotta love that brittish style five episodes. finished on a boring sunday.
ImageT.K.C.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:14 pm

Brian2013 wrote:I just binge watched the first season of The 100 on Netflix. Pretty damn good show so far.
I'm sorry. Maybe there's something I'm not getting here, but this show is pretty awful, IMO. Bad acting, bad writing, cheesy cliff-hanger/bombshell commercial breaks, irrational decision making, obvious plot twists, plot holes. Just not good. It's a great premise, though. But they got that from the book.

That being said, I didn't like Firefly right away either, for a lot of the above reasons, but I grew to really like that show.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:56 am

All caught up on The Missing. Really good fudge so far.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:00 am

Codeblue wrote:All caught up on The Missing. Really good fudge so far.
I'll have to check that out. Always looking for new stuff.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:28 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/the-code/

"Stretching from the spectacular red desert of Australia's outback to the cool corridors of power in Canberra, The Code tells the story of two very different brothers who unearth information that those at the highest levels of political power will kill to keep secret."

The Code - A 6-part political thriller that has recently finished being broadcast down here. Well worth a look.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:24 am

Codeblue wrote:All caught up on The Missing. Really good fudge so far.
A really good show. Will there be a happy ending for the Hughes family?

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:52 pm

^ Another great episode last night (I'm watching the BBC feed not the delayed Starz feed).
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:23 am

^^ - BBC for me too. I need to watch the most recent episode though - which i think is episode 6 (Concrete).

I have also been enjoying The Affair more than i thought i would. Don't get me wrong, it is not the best tv show going around - but it is entertaining. They way they have been telling the story from the two alternate perspectives of the lead characters is clever.
T.K.C.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:44 am

Codeblue wrote:
brettlv5506 wrote:The Affair is great. It utilizes the Rashomon style of storytelling.
Solid trash tv. No idea how they're gonna squeeze another season (or more) out of it though unless they change the cast/story like True Detective or American Horror Story.
Just started this last night. Good first episode. I'm in.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:12 pm

the newsroom has been pretty good this season. Last episode was really strong... Olivia Munn can really read Aaron Sorkin's words well.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Xander
Art Expert

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:55 pm

The X-Files has been amazing so far. Just finished the first movie and now a few episodes into season six. Can't believe it took me so long to get into this TV show.
mrkyuss
Art God

Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Great show.

Anyone watched Marco Polo yet on Netflix?
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
rimmer
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Rewatching 'Only fools and horses' just wondering how this goes down either side of the pond

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081912/
ImageImage
fredo
Art God

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:19 pm

bryndavies wrote:
duckyhoward wrote:I'd jump back in a finish off rest of the episodes. Luther is still a whole lot better than most tv shows going around.

Season 2 of The Fall has started back on the TV in the UK. Season 1 was very good.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0295tcf

now this i'm all in for. loved the first season. gotta love that brittish style five episodes. finished on a boring sunday.
S2 has been watchable but pretty dull. Stretching a pretty simple plotline into 2 seasons was... a stretch-y idea.
just a foil for me today, thanks