the official TV discussion thread

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby RadRacing on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:50 am

Couple of potentially good new series..

HBO has ordered a pilot for “Watchmen,” the new drama series it is developing with “The Leftovers” creator Damon Lindelof.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/watchme ... 202564946/

Jordan Peele Nazi Hunter TV Series in Works

http://www.thewrap.com/jordan-peele-naz ... ries-hunt/
User avatar
RadRacing
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 am
Location: CANADA

Postby cotis on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:42 pm

anyone watch The Sinner on USA?

Season 1 finale last night, pretty crazy season. Jessica Biel was great.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3115
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby fredo on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:59 pm

New Ken Burns Viet Nam doc is really good. Apparently Trent Reznor wrote some of the original music.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23177
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby Codeblue on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:05 pm

cotis wrote:anyone watch The Sinner on USA?

Season 1 finale last night, pretty crazy season. Jessica Biel was great.

I did. It was aight. Finale kinda annoyed me.
User avatar
Codeblue
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 47548
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby jlabbate on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:27 pm

fredo wrote:New Ken Burns Viet Nam doc is really good. Apparently Trent Reznor wrote some of the original music.


gotta watch this thanks for the reminder..Ken Burns anything is worth watching
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 15681
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby alteridiom on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:33 am

Channel Zero: No-End House is off to a good start.
User avatar
alteridiom
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5311
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Tennessee
Small town pizza lawyer

Postby cotis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 am

Codeblue wrote:
cotis wrote:anyone watch The Sinner on USA?

Season 1 finale last night, pretty crazy season. Jessica Biel was great.

I did. It was aight. Finale kinda annoyed me.


yep, certainly seems like they rushed the timeline pretty quick on that.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3115
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby RadRacing on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Codeblue wrote:
cotis wrote:anyone watch The Sinner on USA?

Season 1 finale last night, pretty crazy season. Jessica Biel was great.

I did. It was aight. Finale kinda annoyed me.


Alright is pretty accurate. I found it hard to take Pullman seriously.
User avatar
RadRacing
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 am
Location: CANADA

Postby fredo on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:01 pm

Couple eps into The Legacy (scandi-family drama from The Killing peeps). Nicely excruciating, yet brisk so far. Apparently there are 3 seasons worth of story, so who can say what will be...

#subtitledthough
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23177
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby fredo on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:03 pm

fredo wrote:Couple eps into The Legacy (scandi-family drama from The Killing peeps). Nicely excruciating, yet brisk so far. Apparently there are 3 seasons worth of story, so who can say what will be...

#subtitledthough


Finished S1, which did not sew things up so much as it set them on the longer story arc. Solid enough acting/writing and with some really memorable scenes. Only beef at the mo' is that I don't like anyone.

We shall see.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23177
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby RadRacing on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:40 am

Stoked for this one, the book was killer. The Alienist.
User avatar
RadRacing
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 am
Location: CANADA

Postby fredo on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:46 pm

fredo wrote:
fredo wrote:Couple eps into The Legacy (scandi-family drama from The Killing peeps). Nicely excruciating, yet brisk so far. Apparently there are 3 seasons worth of story, so who can say what will be...

#subtitledthough


Finished S1, which did not sew things up so much as it set them on the longer story arc. Solid enough acting/writing and with some really memorable scenes. Only beef at the mo' is that I don't like anyone.

We shall see.


Finished S2 and enjoyed it. Remained largely a family drama. Tiny bit soap-y, but keeps the subtle tension/pressure from the outside (and in!) going throughout, to the point where even minor incidents seemed not so minor. Some really excellent acting too. B+

ps I guess S3 aired early this year. Didn't really need it, but...
Last edited by fredo on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23177
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby Codeblue on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Are ya watching that on teh tele or on a streaming service?
User avatar
Codeblue
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 47548
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby fredo on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:59 pm

DeeViDee. Nobody likes'a the VPN no more.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 23177
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests