The Predator - Discussion and spoilers

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby jjttdw on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:16 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Credit where credit is due...this is a pretty legit poster.

Could you imagine if Emek did that poster?? THAT would be epic.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby hunterjax on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:32 pm

New trailer really embraces the meathead vibe of the original. I'm pretty excited to probably be disappointed.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby jlabbate on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:17 pm

Just got out of an advanced screening...i liked the movie..some pretty funny bits, which was odd considering its a Predator film, but not unexpected since its Shane Black..action was solid but plot was paper thin and some plot holes the size of Arnold's teeth gap as well as some real head scratching moments going on, but a fun ride nonetheless..expectations were high due to the talent involved, so it was a slight let down based on that..go in with tempered hopes and you should enjoy it

SPOILERS!!!!!
the predator dogs were ridiculous and served no purpose, and the big predator was bad ass and moved like a drymounting gazelle and should have made for an epic 3rd act battle but i felt he was killed far too easy considering what he represented
jlabbate
Art Freak

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby ONEYE on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:31 am

The Predator (2018) I hated it! ALL OF IT! Don't want a single collectible from it. I don't want to be reminded.

That ending line! That ending scene! Like a Power Rangers nightmare.

I want to throat punch Shane Black. This is NOT the way "resurrect" the franchise. This is how you put the franchise on the ground and take an industrial sized crap on it.

This is me, right now. (It's a short clip of Sam Kinison screaming.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxkWJcFhfkE
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Postby rubberneck on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:24 am

Better take blood pressure meds before new Terminator flick then.
rubberneck
Art God

Postby michaelmillichamp on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Saw it last night. It drymounting ruled. I had some problems, but I was overlooking them because of how much fun I was having and that's all I ask from a Predator movie.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:52 pm

It was better than I anticipated, but my expectations for it were not very high going in.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby maddoghoek100 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

i have not seen the Predator, and wont see it in the theater. This premise just seems DOA. It really does seem like they need do some soul searching on all of these classic 80s creature characters: terminator, predator, alien are all classics and have all been mishandled in terrible cash grabs. Terminator 3 - 5 are terrible, Alien Covenant is a disaster, Alien vs Predator ugh.

The thing i have really never understood is how the books and comics IP is actually strong, but they have never even tried to use it. It always seemed much stronger to put these films it in the future and make a colonial space marine story. How is it that the colonial marine IP has never been revisited and fleshed out. The alien/predator backstory that predators have occasionally dropped alien eggs in inhabited places to breed them to hunt is so much more compelling then any of the Prometheus/covenant nonsense.
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Postby bert on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:40 pm

I thought it was very dull...no one will remember this film a year from now, it was that bland and mediocre. How they can spend so much money to create something so turgid is beyond me. Just derivative, film-making-by-committee junk.
bert
Art Expert

Postby ONEYE on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:28 pm

I'm surprised "Inspector Gadget" didn't come out of the pod.

Shane Black should change his name to SHAME Black.
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Postby Darkknight37 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:22 pm

I saw it Friday. I knew it was going to be bad, yet somehow it was even more awful than I ever could've imagined. Predator 2 looks Shakespearean in comparison. Shane Black has made good movies, Fred Dekker as well, there is no excuse for this incoherent mess.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby ONEYE on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:41 pm

rubberneck wrote:Better take blood pressure meds before new Terminator flick then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRhJ9mambss

I only just got over the Terminator Genisys movie!
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Postby TyrisFlare on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:34 pm

TyrisFlare wrote:I hope Olivia Mun iza mute amirite #lowiqeyecandy #takeurtopoff

Fun movie but I was right, what a dumb ungrateful actress, she even #metoo'd some guy and his scene removed, worthless kitten
TyrisFlare
Art Enthusiast

Postby binky79 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:55 pm

I liked it. And I thought Munn was great.

Did seem disjointed in spots, but I wasnt checking out the 4th Predator movie for its story clarity/continuity.

Its only really disappointing in the context of expecting more from a Shane Black movie. But reading about the extensive changes in reshoots, it seems like the studio is to blame for that.
binky79
Art Expert

Postby ONEYE on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:46 pm

binky79 wrote:I liked it. And I thought Munn was great...

She stood around and looked lost, or confused for most of the film. She was just eye candy, and could have been dropped from the movie with virtually no impact.
Keyes could have been the one running around and chasing the "global warming" Predator.

I am still shocked at badly this sucked. Bottom of the barrel. The only thing that can come out of this that is worse would be a freakin' Predator musical, with subtitles and translations for the Predator.

"Tony Stark wants his Iron Man suit back."
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV