INFINITY WAR - WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby busstees on Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:01 am

Irishman12 wrote:
afrosteeziac wrote:
schmoff wrote:so what did you all think?

dr strange giving up the time stone way too easily makes me think he has some sort of plan
besides that, WTF
where do they go from here?

Agreed on Strange, he even says it himself kind of by mentioning the long play.
There is really only one way to go after this, and that's back in time, to introduce us to Captain Marvel. Is that the only thing in between Infinity War and Avengers 4? Wonder when Ant&Wasp takes place during all of this.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The only way for everyone to come back is to go back in time. I have also heard of the theory that everyone who vanished is actually alive and everyone who stayed is actually dead. The Red Skull scene was a nice surprise as I was not expecting him back and the Peter Dinklage scenes were funny as well. After he snapped his fingers, Thanos' glove was destroyed as well, was it not?

The people who vanished were taken by the soul stone and clearly still alive since several of them have sequels coming up. The thing is that Ant Man can now go to the quantum realm which I'm guessing will somehow tie into him being able to get to them in the soul stone dimension.
busstees
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:49 pm

busstees wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
afrosteeziac wrote:
schmoff wrote:so what did you all think?

dr strange giving up the time stone way too easily makes me think he has some sort of plan
besides that, WTF
where do they go from here?

Agreed on Strange, he even says it himself kind of by mentioning the long play.
There is really only one way to go after this, and that's back in time, to introduce us to Captain Marvel. Is that the only thing in between Infinity War and Avengers 4? Wonder when Ant&Wasp takes place during all of this.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The only way for everyone to come back is to go back in time. I have also heard of the theory that everyone who vanished is actually alive and everyone who stayed is actually dead. The Red Skull scene was a nice surprise as I was not expecting him back and the Peter Dinklage scenes were funny as well. After he snapped his fingers, Thanos' glove was destroyed as well, was it not?

The people who vanished were taken by the soul stone and clearly still alive since several of them have sequels coming up. The thing is that Ant Man can now go to the quantum realm which I'm guessing will somehow tie into him being able to get to them in the soul stone dimension.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the input!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby peacedog on Tue May 01, 2018 3:00 am

Mapman, high five! Aug. 2017:

peacedog wrote:
Mapman wrote: The only one I'd like to see come back is Red Skull...

I've been hopeful that we see the return of Red Skull as well. He got sucked into a wormhole by the tesseract, no? Still an option...

Enjoyed that quite a bit. One weird thing I would have liked was a better soundbite when War Machine was laying down his charges. I was expecting some Apocalypse Now bombs, or something like the Jericho missile system. I thought there was a bit too much quippy humor for the end of the world, but I was laughing, so...

Thanos is the best bad guy since Ronan, the Chidren of Thanos as well. Clear and driven. Loved it!

liptonsweettea wrote:
busstees wrote:I think the only characters who may be truly dead (so far) are Vision, Heimdall, and Loki.

you forgot gamora.

I disagree. If we roll back time, we're going all the way back to Thanos getting the first stones, including destroying the Asgardians and Loki. Strange knew the 1 in 14 million way, this is it.

pjsteelerfan wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:I need to know Korg is okay.

I think Thor did say at one point Thanos killed half of his people. So maybe Korg and Valkyrie are with the half that survived.

I took from that that all the Asgardians were dead and Thanos blew up the ship, Thor was left for dead floating in space. Korg, too. Rock, but perishable rock.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby Buckhammer on Tue May 01, 2018 7:58 am

all deaths NOT caused by the stones will probably hold. Having Gamora stay dead advances Quill's story for GOTG3.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?

Postby RCP13 on Tue May 01, 2018 6:00 pm

After the snap, Thanos seemed to have been taken to the Soulworld where he saw young Gamora. If her soul was trapped there, it’s possible she can be brought back.
RCP13
Art Connoisseur

Postby mistersmith on Fri May 04, 2018 3:46 am

Beginning of movie: Thanos kicks the hell out of Hulk, for fun.
End of movie: Steve Rogers can catch Thanos' punch, block him, hold his own for a bit.

So...Cap is stronger than Hulk? Nope.

If all Thanos wanted was to retire to a quiet hill, why not just Reality Stone himself into a perfect lie. Then he doesn't have to give a fudge.
mistersmith
Art Freak

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.

Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.

Postby matowest on Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 am

mistersmith wrote:Beginning of movie: Thanos kicks the hell out of Hulk, for fun.
End of movie: Steve Rogers can catch Thanos' punch, block him, hold his own for a bit.

So...Cap is stronger than Hulk? Nope.

If all Thanos wanted was to retire to a quiet hill, why not just Reality Stone himself into a perfect lie. Then he doesn't have to give a fudge.

In fairness, they've implied Cap may be stronger than Hulk before. In Avengers 1, Hulk couldn't pick up Thor's hammer. In Avengers 2, Cap could at least budge it.

But, your point is valid.
matowest
Art Expert

Postby peacedog on Fri May 04, 2018 9:40 am

Being able to lift Thor's hammer has nothing to do with strength, it's based on worthiness.
peacedog
Art Expert

Postby schmoff on Fri May 04, 2018 9:45 am

peacedog wrote:Being able to lift Thor's hammer has nothing to do with strength, it's based on worthiness.

correct, and in the comics Cap has even used the hammer
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri May 04, 2018 9:52 am

I loved it, but at this point there's too many thoughts in my head over it and knowing that it's only half a story makes me pause on speculating too heavily. But it was much easier to process and enjoy the second time around, given just how much stuff is going on, how much anticipation plays a factor, and how many little details imply some answers.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby matowest on Fri May 04, 2018 9:57 am

schmoff wrote:
peacedog wrote:Being able to lift Thor's hammer has nothing to do with strength, it's based on worthiness.

Guess I didn't quite pick up on that
matowest
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri May 04, 2018 9:59 am

matowest wrote:
schmoff wrote:

Took some time for them to take that point and hammer it home.

im done ill go back to the pun thread i swear
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby matowest on Fri May 04, 2018 10:00 am

jkw3000 wrote:
matowest wrote:
schmoff wrote:

Took some time for them to take that point and hammer it home.

Guess I didn't plan on having to infer or remember stuffs. Need my superhero movie scripts to do the heavy lifting.

i can do this anywhere
matowest
Art Expert

Postby hunterjax on Fri May 04, 2018 10:01 am

matowest wrote:
schmoff wrote:

It's a heavy concept.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby jkw3000 on Fri May 04, 2018 10:02 am

hunterjax wrote:It's a heavy concept.

Nailed it.
jkw3000
Art Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV