INFINITY WAR - WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby schmoff on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:32 am

so what did you all think?

dr strange giving up the time stone way too easily makes me think he has some sort of plan
besides that, WTF
where do they go from here?
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:21 pm

schmoff wrote:so what did you all think?

dr strange giving up the time stone way too easily makes me think he has some sort of plan
besides that, WTF

Agreed on Strange, he even says it himself kind of by mentioning the long play.
There is really only one way to go after this, and that's back in time, to introduce us to Captain Marvel. Is that the only thing in between Infinity War and Avengers 4? Wonder when Ant&Wasp takes place during all of this.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby schmoff on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:31 pm

yea antman, wasp and hawkeye need to tie in somehow
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby Darkknight37 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:45 pm

I would assume Doctor Strange having seen the one future of them winning including them having to sacrifice themselves for the others to win (at least for now).

The biggest reveal for me was Red Skull, that ruled.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby schmoff on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:52 pm

yea they have red skull listed on the IMDB page, luckily i didn't look there before watching
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby pjsteelerfan on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm guessing Ant Man and the Wasp must take place either just before or about the same time as Infinity war.
Red Skull was great. You could hear a pin drop in the theater over the last 20-25 minutes all the way through the post credit scene.
Also, it really did seem to be its own movie to me. Thanos won. The last shot of him was great.
Dinklage was great too.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Postby Darkknight37 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:56 pm

I need to know Korg is okay.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby pjsteelerfan on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:I need to know Korg is okay.

I think Thor did say at one point Thanos killed half of his people. So maybe Korg and Valkyrie are with the half that survived.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Postby busstees on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Notice how none of the original Avengers vanished? I'm thinking that all of the Phase 2 Avengers that vanished will actually be the ones who survive and that the originals are the ones who will be killed off for Phase 4. Spider Man 2 comes out 2 months after Avengers 4 so we know he's not going anywhere. Same with Black Panther and Strange. However, there are no Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America movies scheduled (that we know of) as of yet and all of their contracts are up. I'm guessing that the ones who vanished will actually be the ones to undo everything and that will come at the expense of the original Avengers. Then going forward I think Bucky will take over as Cap and eventually we'll get some X-Men or Fantastic Four characters in the mix.

Strange knew the only way to beat Thanos so we know he planned for this. I think the only characters who may be truly dead (so far) are Vision, Heimdall, and Loki.
busstees
Art Connoisseur

Postby liptonsweettea on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:50 pm

busstees wrote:Notice how none of the original Avengers vanished? I'm thinking that all of the Phase 2 Avengers that vanished will actually be the ones who survive and that the originals are the ones who will be killed off for Phase 4. Spider Man 2 comes out 2 months after Avengers 4 so we know he's not going anywhere. Same with Black Panther and Strange. However, there are no Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America movies scheduled (that we know of) as of yet and all of their contracts are up. I'm guessing that the ones who vanished will actually be the ones to undo everything and that will come at the expense of the original Avengers. Then going forward I think Bucky will take over as Cap and eventually we'll get some X-Men or Fantastic Four characters in the mix.

Strange knew the only way to beat Thanos so we know he planned for this. I think the only characters who may be truly dead (so far) are Vision, Heimdall, and Loki.

you forgot gamora.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Postby busstees on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:57 pm

liptonsweettea wrote:
busstees wrote:Notice how none of the original Avengers vanished? I'm thinking that all of the Phase 2 Avengers that vanished will actually be the ones who survive and that the originals are the ones who will be killed off for Phase 4. Spider Man 2 comes out 2 months after Avengers 4 so we know he's not going anywhere. Same with Black Panther and Strange. However, there are no Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America movies scheduled (that we know of) as of yet and all of their contracts are up. I'm guessing that the ones who vanished will actually be the ones to undo everything and that will come at the expense of the original Avengers. Then going forward I think Bucky will take over as Cap and eventually we'll get some X-Men or Fantastic Four characters in the mix.

you forgot gamora.

Yeah she's done which is concerning because I would think there's a Guardians 3 on the agenda. I'm wondering if they go the comic route and have Nebula steal the gauntlet and turn time back. We know Adam Warlock will be involved soon as well.
busstees
Art Connoisseur

Postby schmoff on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:32 pm

and maybe the OG GoTG come to help along with NOVA, silver surfer etc
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby binky79 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:02 pm

busstees wrote:... I think Bucky will take over as Cap...

I dont think we'll see character replacement like in the comics. If they kill Steve Rogers, I think calling someone else 'Captain America' would be super weird in the context of these movies.
binky79
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:29 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:
schmoff wrote:so what did you all think?

besides that, WTF

Agreed on Strange, he even says it himself kind of by mentioning the long play.
There is really only one way to go after this, and that's back in time, to introduce us to Captain Marvel. Is that the only thing in between Infinity War and Avengers 4? Wonder when Ant&Wasp takes place during all of this.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The only way for everyone to come back is to go back in time. I have also heard of the theory that everyone who vanished is actually alive and everyone who stayed is actually dead. The Red Skull scene was a nice surprise as I was not expecting him back and the Peter Dinklage scenes were funny as well. After he snapped his fingers, Thanos' glove was destroyed as well, was it not?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby greenhorn1 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:25 pm

I assumed that in the 1 in 14 million future strange saw where they won, stark was alive, so he knew he had to save stark at all costs even if it meant giving up the stone.

Overall I thought the movie was decent not great although my biggest problems were kind of the same ones I had with the comics. They've built these stones up so much that thanos should have been nearly unstoppable with even 1 or 2 stones and there really shouldn't have ever been much of a fight to begin with.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)

Next

Return to Cinema/TV