Ready Player One - Reviews and Spoilers

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby hunterjax on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:28 am

pjsteelerfan wrote:I really enjoyed it. Thought it was a lot of fun, so many cameos and references. Tons of things not spoiled by the trailers and commercials. Will be fun to try and catch them all once it is out on blu ray. And I was not really disappointed in the changes they had to make from the book. They would not have been able to fit it all into a 2 or 3 hour movie.

this.

Felt like an old school Spielberg movie I would have loved as a twelve-year old, had that same kind of fun adventure to it. I've read the book and really enjoyed it, but it was never this life-changing intellectual achievement - it's a fun book.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby earlgreytoast on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:22 pm

Read the book; it was a good, quick read but I hated the end. Saw the movie and pretty much felt the same - it was a good, quick movie. Time went super quick for me and I think that’s a sign of a good flick. Feel like I caught a good 80% of the references, maybe more. Loved the LOTR nod. I’m a massive Shining fan and enjoyed the drymount out of that whole segment- it really surprised me. There were some young kids in the theater and there was definitely some screaming/squeamishness. One mom took her kid out. :evil: And they snuck an F word in there too. Pretty close to an R rating.

Felt like the biggest misses were not giving a little more time to character development and really presenting Parzival as one of the best gunters. Art3mis love story was a litttle too neat and Disney.

Solid 6.5/10. Will rewatch at home.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV