Blade Runner 2049 (spoilers allowed)

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby SPAC04 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:02 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
finneganm wrote:It’s just an extra hour+ of his base line tests.

Followed by an extra hour of weird hot double-vision sex.

w/narration
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby rubberneck on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:43 am

rubberneck
Art God

Postby v1101011 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Sort of off-topic but I can't seem to find one of the recently released Blade Runner 2049 prints. It was K looking at the pink, 3D Joi but it was, for lack of a better word, "cartoon-y". For the life of me I cannot remember the artist or the gallery who may have released the print. Spent a good hour yesterday going through the database and couldn't find it. Does anyone know the print I'm babbling on about?
v1101011
Art Connoisseur

Postby cotis on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:51 pm

this?

Glen Brogan
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Loobaz on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Cotis' one fits the bill a bit better, but maybe one of these by Ash Thorp and Maciej Kuciara? (Unreleased as of now)

Loobaz
Art Connoisseur

Postby v1101011 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Cotis! That's it!!! Thank you!!! :D
v1101011
Art Connoisseur

Postby SPAC04 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:45 am

v1101011 wrote:Sort of off-topic but I can't seem to find one of the recently released Blade Runner 2049 prints. It was K looking at the pink, 3D Joi but it was, for lack of a better word, "cartoon-y". For the life of me I cannot remember the artist or the gallery who may have released the print. Spent a good hour yesterday going through the database and couldn't find it. Does anyone know the print I'm babbling on about?

James Jean has a nice BR2049 piece, but i don't think its a print with a run (though I hope it will one day be)

**Apologies for immense sizes

Raid71

Karl Fitzgerald

EDIT:just realized Coits ID'd the Brogan ( :pint: ) and I had thought OP was seeking BR2049 posters in general. Would delete leaving post up as a reference for BR2049 art thus far (and its always nice to see that JJ).
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby irmanana on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 am

I'm thrilled with the movie Blade Runner 2049. I'm looking for some kind of similar movie . Maybe.. Anybody here have a recommendation for a movie like this one did?
I found some recommendations on the sites https://bestsimilar.com/movies/38404-blade-runner-2049 and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1, but I'm curious to know the opinion of those who watched something similar to the movie Blade Runner 2049
irmanana

Postby MonteAlderaan on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Has anyone seen if NA is getting any of the special editions or is the Best Buy Blu steelbook the best exclusive so far?
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur

Postby rubberneck on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Vinyl ost shipping...

rubberneck
Art God

Postby SPAC04 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:11 am

rubberneck wrote:Vinyl ost shipping...

I wish they would have put more thought or fan service (whatever the word) into the promotional artwork for the new film. I will certainly be picking up the Vinyl. Tremendous score imo.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby hunterjax on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 pm

rubberneck wrote:Vinyl ost shipping...

RN - I heard you're tired of that blaster and want to send it to me . . . I'll PM you my address. kthanxbai.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby stuarthimsley on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm probably alone with this opinion, but I didn't enjoy Gosling's performance. He seemed confused about his character, and delivered little depth. He had opportunities to show us who his character is, such as his scenes at home, or his scenes at the police station with Lt. Joshi. But instead we got the usual sad-face Gos he always delivers. This gave his moments of catharsis a comical quality, because they had no basis that we as viewers could draw upon. Like when he found out his memory of the wooden horse was real - that scream was up there with Tom Cruise's The Mummy scream. I thought he had a poor sense of the emotion within certain scenes too. The best example is when he and Deckard are drinking whiskey, and Deckard says that "to love someone, sometimes you have to be a stranger." Cue mic drop. Then Gos raises his glass and toasts "to strangers!" Seriously? Ford just delivers a chilling line and silences the scene with the weight of his burden, then Gos destroys it all with two words. Was it meant to be a 'drymount you' from K to Deckard? Was it meant to reveal that K has less of a grasp of emotion than Nexus 8s? In short, every scene with Gos pulled me out of the Blade Runner fantasy, and every scene without him was great.
stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Postby SPAC04 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:59 pm

stuarthimsley wrote: The best example is when he and Deckard are drinking whiskey, and Deckard says that "to love someone, sometimes you have to be a stranger." Cue mic drop. Then Gos raises his glass and toasts "to strangers!" Seriously? Ford just delivers a chilling line and silences the scene with the weight of his burden, then Gos destroys it all with two words. Was it meant to be a 'drymount you' from K to Deckard? Was it meant to reveal that K has less of a grasp of emotion than Nexus 8s?

I had figured that K "knew" he was Deckard's "son" (before reveal that replicant child was female/Dr.Steline). So when Gos says "to strangers" he is saying it with the "knowledge" that he is the miracle child/Deckard's son and Deckard does not "realize" this yet. So its like andrioid irony or w/e, that was my understanding at least, I could be wrong.

I felt Gos did fine doe. Great film either way.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby chevyav53 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Finally able to watch this over the weekend. I enjoyed it.... More so finally bought wireless headphones so I could truly enjoy while everyone was sleeping. Sucks having to watch movies such as this at a volume that does not shake the house.

Also thought Gosling did well considering he was playing an android.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV