Blade Runner 2049 (spoilers allowed)

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:20 am

This is the place to talk about Blade Runner 2049. Spoilers are allowed and don't have to be marked so read at your own risk.

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RambosRemodeler on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:42 pm

DENIS GONNA DELIVER. BELIEVE DAT
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby jmagee87 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:55 pm

ITS too late right now for me to properly type out my thoughts. But I’ll say that’s the first time walking out of a theater in a long time where I was amazed and truly loved a film without a doubt in my mind. Can’t wait to experience it again

Can we just make sure Roger Deakins works on every film? K thanks
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby sez752 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:00 am

Just arrived home from seeing the movie. It was great. Saw in on a regular screen tonight. Have tickets to see it on Sunday on IMAX. Debating on getting tickets to see it in 3D. However, with chronic migraine issues, I don't fare well with those type of movies. Anyway, there were a few slow points, but I didn't mind at all. The cinematography was excellent. Gosling really delivered. Ford's raspy voice was a little difficult to understand in a few scenes. Leto wasn't in the film much, but was very creepy in a couple scenes. Really enjoyed the plot twists and cityscape scenes. My favorite scene might be the scene with Deckard and Wallace.
sez752
Art Expert

ImageImage

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:48 am

Loved it. Great film, with the only immediate thing I have against it being that I don't think you can ever re-capture the feel of the original. On its own merits though, 2049 is just a fantastic sci-fi film. Utterly gorgeous, and Villeneuve deserves a damn Oscar for getting Ford to act the fudge out of his scene with Leto.

My favorite running aside though is that Harrison Ford has gone from playing charming rogues to deadbeat dads, it's kinda hilarious. :lol: Mutt, Kylo, now this...
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby mobius006 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:37 am

jkw3000 wrote:Loved it. Great film, with the only immediate thing I have against it being that I don't think you can ever re-capture the feel of the original. On its own merits though, 2049 is just a fantastic sci-fi film. Utterly gorgeous, and Villeneuve deserves a damn Oscar for getting Ford to act the fudge out of his scene with Leto.

My favorite running aside though is that Harrison Ford has gone from playing charming rogues to deadbeat dads, it's kinda hilarious. :lol: Mutt, Kylo, now this...

I think this film goes for something different right away. You're not left to question can a robot be human, instead why can humans be so cold.

I also think Leto steals the show.

Also, wow did the trailers show a ton!
mobius006
Art Freak

Liberal Democratic - Print Conservative: Pro Government Regulations, Anti Reprints and Timed Editions.

Postby fallstaff on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:42 am

Stunning spectacle—sublimely dystopic with mesmerizing special effect sequences. I'm glad the detective narrative leads to Deckard and Rachel, definitely a source of pleasure for fans and serves to closely link both films. I think the sequel really captures the same brooding melodic tone of the original. Lots to ruminate on and demands repeated viewings.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:24 am

mobius006 wrote:Also, wow did the trailers show a ton!

Indeed. I managed to avoid all trailers until after seeing the movie and holy hell did they show a lot. Gosling/Ford should've never been shown together in the trailers. Glad I skipped them.

Really looking forward to seeing the film again Sunday. This time on IMAX.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby jmagee87 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:33 am

Really cant get it out of my head. From front to back, so many things were done well. Cinematography, soundtrack, set and costume design, directing, writing. Really can't find a thing to complain about (other than how Gosling walks SO SLOW no matter where he is :lol: )

It's a great follow up to the original story without ever really answering the "is Deckard a replicant or not" question. They had me convinced K was the kid all the way until the reveal. And once they revealed the truth, I dont see how I didnt see it earlier. Loved how K was almost the Roy Batty character but somewhat flipped on it's head.
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru

Postby RambosRemodeler on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:35 am

jmagee87 wrote:Really cant get it out of my head. From front to back, so many things were done well. Cinematography, soundtrack, set and costume design, directing, writing. Really can't find a thing to complain about (other than how Gosling walks SO SLOW no matter where he is :lol: )

It's a great follow up to the original story without ever really answering the "is Deckard a replicant or not" question. They had me convinced K was the kid all the way until the reveal. And once they revealed the truth, I dont see how I didnt see it earlier. Loved how K was almost the Roy Batty character but somewhat flipped on it's head.

I think its weird how every single complaint I have with the first one is also present in this one but I loved this one. The streak continues. DENIS BATTING 1.000
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby jmagee87 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:43 am

Seriously. Denis can do no wrong in my eyes currently.
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru

Postby RambosRemodeler on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:45 am

jmagee87 wrote:Seriously. Denis can do no wrong in my eyes currently.

I think the most underrated thing about him is the performances he gets out of his actors/actresses. Also re: the kid, I think we all thought it was Gos. The fact she cried when he visited her makes a lot more sense now. In the moment, it did seem super odd.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Postby matowest on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:47 am

That holographic love scene was something else. A beautifully done little sequence that could've easily been completely cut for time, but is so necessary. It's one of the most hypnotic scenes of the year IMO.

Really enjoyed the rest of the film, too, obvs. That's just one of many mesmerizing scenes.
matowest
Art Expert

Postby RambosRemodeler on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:49 am

matowest wrote:That holographic love scene was something else. A beautifully done little sequence that could've easily been completely cut for time, but is so necessary. It's one of the most hypnotic scenes of the year IMO.

Really enjoyed the rest of the film, too, obvs. That's just one of many mesmerizing scenes.

That was the first thing we discussed after walking out of the film. I think its my favorite scene in the film. I want to go see it again in IMAX. I just can't stop thinking about the movie.

Ps did not like Jared Leto.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Postby matowest on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
matowest wrote:That holographic love scene was something else. A beautifully done little sequence that could've easily been completely cut for time, but is so necessary. It's one of the most hypnotic scenes of the year IMO.

That was the first thing we discussed after walking out of the film. I think its my favorite scene in the film. I want to go see it again in IMAX. I just can't stop thinking about the movie.

Ps did not like Jared Leto.

IMAX was worth it. I thought it was Leto's best performance in a couple of years
matowest
Art Expert

Next

Return to Cinema/TV