MoviePass

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:59 am

35mmpaul wrote:they had 3 million. and a huge swath of people probably cancelled. so they at least have one million. and if they have 1,000,0001 it could TECHINCALLY be considered ''millions'.

I do get technicalities, it sounds funny when you're bordering on the 1-2 million member range to say "our millions of members".
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:04 pm

oh no. totally with you. its pathetic.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:02 pm

I wasn't able to use it yesterday. All that was available by the theater by me was CRAZY RICH ASIANS and CHRISTOPHER ROBIN. Today all that's available is ALPHA 3D (which is blocked), BLACKKKLANSMAN and THE MEG which I've already seen. The e-ticketing theater by me had everything available yesterday but I was too lazy to make the drive. I'm going to see MILE 22 with my AMC Stubs A-List tonight. So far I haven't had any trouble with that.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby michaelmillichamp on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:54 pm

michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby sixstringer on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:27 am

I've had plans with a friend to see BlacKkKlansman tonight based on the advanced schedule Moviepass published last week. Looks like they drymounting changed the schedule last night. I can't wait until my sub runs out at the end of the month. :hanging:

https://www.reddit.com/r/moviepass/comm ... e_changed/
sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby sixstringer on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:34 am

"...While the films and showtimes available in the app will change daily, the schedule of available film selections will be published at least a week in advance on the MoviePass website so members can plan ahead for the films they want to see. Click here to see the current schedule..."

Bitch Lowe
sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:39 pm

sixstringer wrote:I've had plans with a friend to see BlacKkKlansman tonight based on the advanced schedule Moviepass published last week. Looks like they drymounting changed the schedule last night. I can't wait until my sub runs out at the end of the month. :hanging:

https://www.reddit.com/r/moviepass/comm ... e_changed/

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous daily change in schedule. If you're going to support a movie, then support it. We only get 3 movies under the $9.95 plans so let us choose which movie we want to see on which day. Definitely glad peak pricing and ticket verification are gone, but the schedule is going to be a big grip. Recently I've been going to an e-ticketing theater to use my MoviePass since everything there is supported.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:40 pm

I can't keep up anymore, but I thought they were gonna get rid of ticket verification?
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Definitely glad peak pricing and ticket verification are gone

Well, there you go.

I still have ticket verification on my account.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:50 pm

to keep up with the complications.

if you paid for a year your movie a day doesn't change. and i think they keep verification if so. im pretty sure peak pricing is gone, but honestly it might change in the time it takes me to type this up, get logged out of EB, log back in and eventually post it.

(copying to my clipboard just in case)
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:31 pm

If you cancel and can change your billing to some defunct card or something before they bill you, do that. Lots of people being charged again, even 2-3 weeks after canceling, with no access to the app.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:If you cancel and can change your billing to some defunct card or something before they bill you, do that. Lots of people being charged again, even 2-3 weeks after canceling, with no access to the app.

I heard when they changed their terms recently, you had to agree in the app to be able to use it to certain terms (one of which to continue your membership). So even if you previously cancelled your membership, this superseded that. So yes, for a lot of people who cancelled prior to the change in terms, if they used their app before their next billing date (still wanting to use a service they paid for), they were opted back in.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:16 am

Irishman12 wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:If you cancel and can change your billing to some defunct card or something before they bill you, do that. Lots of people being charged again, even 2-3 weeks after canceling, with no access to the app.

I heard when they changed their terms recently, you had to agree in the app to be able to use it to certain terms (one of which to continue your membership). So even if you previously cancelled your membership, this superseded that. So yes, for a lot of people who cancelled prior to the change in terms, if they used their app before their next billing date (still wanting to use a service they paid for), they were opted back in.

Yeah the problem with that was when you opened the app, it was almost like you HAD to click "I accept" or "I agree" in order to get into your account to cancel it. If you cancelled AFTER clicking I accept or I agree, I know people who still got billed after that.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby sixstringer on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:38 am

sixstringer wrote:I've had plans with a friend to see BlacKkKlansman tonight based on the advanced schedule Moviepass published last week. Looks like they drymounting changed the schedule last night. I can't wait until my sub runs out at the end of the month. :hanging:

I bought a ticket for The Meg and snuck into Blackkklansman instead. It didn't ask me to verify my ticket.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby sixstringer on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:43 am

https://www.sinemia.com/new-plans

3 for $9.99 mo w/no blackouts isn't bad.
sixstringer
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV