MoviePass

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby michaelmillichamp on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Irishman12 wrote:I used AMC Stubs A-List twice this weekend without incident. Another nice feature is you can skip the line at the box office and go inside to Guest Services to redeem your ticket. As an A-List member there is an exclusive line for you outside at the box office already, but again, if there's a line there or bad weather, you can go inside without a problem.

Just download the app and have them scan the e-ticket so you don't have to get them printed.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:10 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:I used AMC Stubs A-List twice this weekend without incident. Another nice feature is you can skip the line at the box office and go inside to Guest Services to redeem your ticket. As an A-List member there is an exclusive line for you outside at the box office already, but again, if there's a line there or bad weather, you can go inside without a problem.

Just download the app and have them scan the e-ticket so you don't have to get them printed.

I did but when I showed them the e-ticket they asked for my ID and still printed me hard tickets. The ticket taker checked my ID as well. That's the only nuisance I can see with the program is the consistent need to provide my ID (although I do understand why it's in place).
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby michaelmillichamp on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:31 pm

126 million quarterly loss and getting sued by shareholders.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ue-1134979
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby Codeblue on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:59 pm

What's teh point of even suing now? The company doesn't have a pot to piss in?
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby michaelmillichamp on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:46 am

No idea, but it'll be interesting at least.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby toobs on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:31 am

Codeblue wrote:What's teh point of even suing now? The company doesn't have a pot to piss in?

if they can't pay then send them to jail i dont give a flyin fcuk, they stole millions from people
toobs
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

Postby jjttdw on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:02 pm

can we now switch the name of the thread to AMC A-List. Wife cancelled her sub for moviepass and I have to make sure mine is as well. Is it possible to short sell a stock trading at 5 cents a share??
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby FrankBooth on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Better to burn out?

I think it was a very interesting proof of concept experiment, any of the theater chains claiming this didn't force or accelerate their own service offerings are lying.

I am gonna sign up for the AMC one this week, I doubt the offerings from any will be too heavy to one side or the other. Hopefully they'll meet at a nice, middle ground.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby sixstringer on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 am

To our members:

Today we are rolling out our new subscription plan that was announced last week. We believe this new model provides great value to the MoviePass community and, equally important, ensures that we can continue to provide these benefits for you to enjoy into the future.

As we transition to the new subscription plan, we want to share more details about our service moving forward as part of our commitment to keep you fully informed. For the time being, we will be limiting the films and showtimes that are available to members each day. During this transition period, MoviePass will offer up to six films to choose from daily, including a selection of major studio first-run films and independent releases. In addition, showtime availability may be limited depending on the popularity of those films on the app that particular day.

While the films and showtimes available in the app will change daily, the schedule of available film selections will be published at least a week in advance on the MoviePass website so members can plan ahead for the films they want to see. Click here to see the current schedule. Please note that e-ticketing will continue to include ALL movies and showtimes with no restrictions. Because actual availability will change daily, we encourage our members to always check the MoviePass app before leaving for the theater.

As we celebrate the one-year anniversary of our $9.95 subscription offering, we want to thank you -- our millions of members -- for your loyalty and for your continued support. We’ll have some exciting updates on additional features and service offerings -- that will bring greater value to you as a member -- in the near future.

Mitch Lowe

sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:34 am

No movies available at the theatre closest to my house and The Meg and Blackklansman available at the second closest. All you really have to do in most theaters is get in through the door and you can walk into any theatre. It would take some balls to do it in an assigned seat screening.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby 35mmpaul on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:38 am

pathetic. mitch is the equivalent of the dog in the 'this is fine' meme while everything burns around him.

pro tip. buy the ticket at a kiosk if possible. verify it in the app. (if you still have to do it). then go to the box office and swap the ticket for the movie or time you actually want to go to. its not fool proof because they might ask for your card at the theater or give you a hard time. but movie pass can't see that you've swapped the ticket after its been purchased.

by the grace of movie watching go ye.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby jjttdw on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:44 am

^^clever
jjttdw
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:50 am

its totally against the movie pass policy and they might end your account. but like at this point...drymount it.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:52 am

"our millions of members", so amazing.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:57 am

they had 3 million. and a huge swath of people probably cancelled. so they at least have one million. and if they have 1,000,0001 it could TECHINCALLY be considered ''millions'.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV