MoviePass

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby cotis on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:02 pm

so do I get AMC Stubs rewards too?
cotis
Art Expert

Postby michaelmillichamp on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:14 pm

I have 1995 points on my account, but I assume it's from purchasing the plan, not from getting the Dolby tickets. I guess concession is the only way along with the monthly billing.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby 35mmpaul on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:01 pm

cotis wrote:so do I get AMC Stubs rewards too?

you get points for the cost of the plan but not the cost for the movies you get on the plan. but concessions works the same.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby jjttdw on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:08 pm

My MoviePass showed up today. Gonna use it tonight or tomorrow. Anything I need to know beyond the instructions??
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby 35mmpaul on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:18 pm

i always recommend checking in while you are walking up to the theater not when you get to the box office.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby playa787 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:12 pm

jjttdw wrote:My MoviePass showed up today. Gonna use it tonight or tomorrow. Anything I need to know beyond the instructions??

The movie or time you want might not be listed so use the "If not listed" option. Usually works. Card works at the self-purchase station as well as the counter. And you need phone service to send your pic of the ticket stub right after you buy it. Although it says you can do it anytime before the next movie I never seem to remember and have lost the ticket before sending it.
playa787
Art Expert

"__________ is one of my favorite movies ever but that poster doesn't do it for me. -E.B.

Postby bdm105 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:26 pm

35mmpaul wrote:signed up. refunded my previously purchased imax ticket, and snagged the same seat with my account. im liking it so far.

Until the alamo has there's going. They announced a beta test in yonkers.
bdm105
Art Connoisseur

Postby SwampButt on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:14 am

Really cool stories in this thread
SwampButt
Art Enthusiast

Postby michaelmillichamp on Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Really digging AMC A-List. Already got my tickets to Ant Man and Mission Impossible opening night in the Dolby theater.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:37 am

amazing stuff going on right now
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby jjttdw on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:40 am

michaelmillichamp wrote:Really digging AMC A-List. Already got my tickets to Ant Man and Mission Impossible opening night in the Dolby theater.

I was in an AMC theatre on my movie pass and saw A-List promoted. The ability to see anything anytime and reserve early looked nice but the cost was twice as much as movie pass.
jjttdw
Art Expert

NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:06 pm

jjttdw wrote:
michaelmillichamp wrote:Really digging AMC A-List. Already got my tickets to Ant Man and Mission Impossible opening night in the Dolby theater.

I was in an AMC theatre on my movie pass and saw A-List promoted. The ability to see anything anytime and reserve early looked nice but the cost was twice as much as movie pass.

Yeah but movie pass is about done. Surge pricing has made the cost nowhere near as beneficial anyway. If you pay for even one surcharge, you're 3/4 of the way to the cost of a-list which has no restrictions. if I lived near AMC, I'd be on that program asap. Moviepass has become more of an inconvenience than anything now.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby xangelx on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
jjttdw wrote:

Yeah but movie pass is about done. Surge pricing has made the cost nowhere near as beneficial anyway. If you pay for even one surcharge, you're 3/4 of the way to the cost of a-list which has no restrictions. if I lived near AMC, I'd be on that program asap. Moviepass has become more of an inconvenience than anything now.

I think surge pricing or at least the way they are going about it will be the final nail in the coffin. I'm on an annual plan so I get no surge pricing but I also go to tons of theaters that are not AMC so A-list probably won't work all that well for me. I'll enjoy Moviepass while it lasts and be back to waiting to stream/torrent movies later.
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby michaelmillichamp on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:19 pm

jjttdw wrote:

Twice as much but advanced tickets, dolby/imax, and $5 large popcorn. If your AMC has a bar you can get a drink, rack up a fudge ton of points, then use them to get $5 off concession. It's a really good deal right now because they're just trying to kill moviepass. Once they've accomplished that it'll for sure go up in pricing.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:37 pm

xangelx wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:
jjttdw wrote:

I think surge pricing or at least the way they are going about it will be the final nail in the coffin. I'm on an annual plan so I get no surge pricing but I also go to tons of theaters that are not AMC so A-list probably won't work all that well for me. I'll enjoy Moviepass while it lasts and be back to waiting to stream/torrent movies later.

Sounds like moviepass is on its last limping leg right now, and any day could be the final day.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV