MoviePass

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby whiskaz on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:25 pm

I was willing to take the risk. Right now I've paid $45 to see Justice League and Orient Express haha... I wouldn't be happy if they went belly up tomorrow but that's life... I think they'll be fine for a time. I mean, they've been around for awhile, just at a higher price point.

Lot of rumors about AMC etc banning the use of the card. Most of it unfounded from what I can tell (beyond employees running their mouths). Regal seems pretty keen on it though? It should help get butts in seats... something Regal was working on anyway with the idea of tiered pricing for newer vs older/popular vs unpopular flicks. That and my Crown Club still works with Regal. If they were to ditch MP, I'd be done. Only local theater I have. The other is 30 min away and only $5/ticket. I'd just go back to watching a movie in the theater every few months or so.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby timmyummy on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 pm

whiskaz wrote:Finally started making use of my MP that arrived a couple of weeks ago. 0 for 2 on quality though. JL and Orient Express. Ehhhh. Not the best month for movies... and no offense to fans, but TLJ is about to take over theaters for a few weeks or so :x

dweebofthedead wrote:Ha, I understood this hack better when I got the app and used it. I was lost as fudge when someone told me it and never seen the app before.

PM me so I can better explain so we don't clutter in here :pint:

I assume this useful so you can reserve seats? Alternatively, if you have a theater that AtomTickets supports, you can reserve your seats there and cancel up to 30 minutes before the show. Seats are released immediately. Not sure how many times that would fly before Atom would boot ya but... it's an option. I personally prefer to avoid movies that require advanced seat reservations haha... I'm ok with waiting a couple of weeks to avoid the herd.

That said, if you want to check the balance and transaction history of your moviepass, you can do so with this site:

https://www.agileprepaid.com/Cardholder ... e/FindCard

A gc purchase like that I would assume looks legit but no clue. A regular ticket purchase looks like this:

Code: Select all
Date   Merchant Name   Merchant Location   Auth ID   Transaction Type   Result   Amount
12/8/2017   REGAL CINEMAS G   REGAL CINEMAS GRND CNT  HFUO5P   Credit Card Authorization   Transaction Approved (Auth approved.)   ($11.44)

Lady Bird is finally showing here next week so... hopefully watching something good with the pass for the first time :)

iiiiiiinnnttteeerrrrreeesting. It'll pre-load $18 at the Times Square AMC for me, $17.75 at the Lincoln Sq location, and $16 for the more indie theatres that charge $15/ticket.
timmyummy
Art Enthusiast

Postby whiskaz on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 pm

NYC so expensive. Mine loads 12 and uses 11.44. My old goto theater is $5 all day long. Get your money's worth out of MP in NYC.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Postby timmyummy on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:06 am

whiskaz wrote:NYC so expensive. Mine loads 12 and uses 11.44. My old goto theater is $5 all day long. Get your money's worth out of MP in NYC.

Yeah, I only need to see one movie a month and I have more than my money's worth. I've stacked in on top of AMC stubs, and figure I'll just ride this train as long as it goes, b/c there's no way it's lasting forever.
timmyummy
Art Enthusiast

Postby elduderino619 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:52 pm

timmyummy wrote:
whiskaz wrote:NYC so expensive. Mine loads 12 and uses 11.44. My old goto theater is $5 all day long. Get your money's worth out of MP in NYC.

Yeah, I only need to see one movie a month and I have more than my money's worth. I've stacked in on top of AMC stubs, and figure I'll just ride this train as long as it goes, b/c there's no way it's lasting forever.

when I first got my MP card I tried using with my stubs club but my local theater wouldn't take it. Still rack up the points on conecession purchases and skip to the front of the line which still makes it feel worth renewing once it expires
elduderino619
Art Connoisseur

Postby 35mmpaul on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:15 pm

if you just use a kiosk you can still use the stubbs card. they are just being stubborn about Moviepass at AMC.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby timmyummy on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:30 am

yeah, I only use the kiosk at AMC.
timmyummy
Art Enthusiast

Postby sixstringer on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:40 am

sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby bdm105 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Doubled down on my (very small) amount of shares today. Hoping they figure out how to be profitable
bdm105
Art Connoisseur

Postby Amisch on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:47 pm

sixstringer wrote:https://www.costco.com/MoviePass-and-Fandor-12-Month-Subscription-eVoucher.product.100395930.html

Do I have to be a Costco Member to purchase this? Also, anybody that has it NY know if it works at Nitehawk Cinema in BK?
Amisch
Art Expert

Postby ArchibaldTuttle on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:48 am

Finally decided to go for it- got an email only a couple days after signing up that my card's on the way. No e-ticketing available anywhere near here. We'll see what happens!

For the Costco thing- under FAQ's they say: No, you don’t have to be a Costco member to purchase this special offer. Non-Costco members can purchase from Costco.com with a 5% surcharge at checkout. To avoid this charge, you may sign up for a Costco membership online.

https://moviepass.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... -Promotion
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:59 am

Amisch wrote:
sixstringer wrote:https://www.costco.com/MoviePass-and-Fandor-12-Month-Subscription-eVoucher.product.100395930.html

Do I have to be a Costco Member to purchase this? Also, anybody that has it NY know if it works at Nitehawk Cinema in BK?

totes works at nitehawk. only theaters it doesnt really work at in NYC is Film Forum, Sunshine on Houston, MoMA, & Museum of the Moving Image.

Works at all AMCs, Regal, Roxy Hotel, IFC, Metrograph, Quad, and bunch of others.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Postby binky79 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:24 am

This works with Alamo Drafthouse Victory?
binky79
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:28 am

yep
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Postby binky79 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:35 am

fudge, looks like I just missed a special $6.95 a month or $90 for the year promo. Maybe I'll wait....
binky79
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV