MoviePass

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Codeblue on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:18 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:Ha, basically I use my own money for the movie ticket (since I have to buy in advance) and use MP for a gift card.

Huh?
User avatar
Codeblue
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 47526
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:19 pm

dryerase wrote:Shipping email received! Still estimated 5 to 7 business day wait, but yay!


I finally got the e-mail yesterday too. I hope the card comes in soon as I know people who signed up after me who got their cards already.
Last edited by Irishman12 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby BB8 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 pm

This Hack still doesn't make sense to me. Do you need to have MoviePass to understand?

Are you getting a refund for the ticket you purchased with your own money in advance because you couldn't have used MoviePass to secure it? Then at the theater you use movie pass for a different movie and then walk in to your original movie? If so - How do you know the seat you take in the original movie is still going to be available for you to take? What if it gets sold and someone comes and kicks you out? I mean, the assumption is that this is a very in-demand movie/show time if you had to secure your tickets in advance like that.
User avatar
BB8
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Banned !
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:35 am

Postby dweebofthedead on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Ha, I understood this hack better when I got the app and used it. I was lost as fudge when someone told me it and never seen the app before.

PM me so I can better explain so we don't clutter in here :pint:
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5130
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby cotis on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:47 pm

so is the dress blue or gold?
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3113
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby dweebofthedead on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:44 am

Looks like MP updated their terms and conditions:

https://www.moviepass.com/content/terms

Here's something interesting:
MoviePass reserves the right to change or modify the Service or subscriptions at any time and in its sole discretion, including but not limited to applicable prices, at any time, without prior notice. MoviePass reserves the right to change the rules of movie-going attendance and ticket availability to members in connection with the Service at anytime. MoviePass reserves the right to change from time to time the number of eligible movies a member can see per month. MoviePass reserves the right to offer members a new price option if they exceed watching a certain amount of movies per month. You will be notified of any price changes made to the terms of service prior to your next billing cycle, at which point you would have 14 days to opt-out of the Service and terminate your subscription. MoviePass will not make any changes to your subscription mid-cycle, all changes will be in affect at the start of your next billing cycle. MoviePass is not responsible for theater programming, cancellations, or rescheduled performances
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5130
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:51 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:Looks like MP updated their terms and conditions:

https://www.moviepass.com/content/terms

Here's something interesting:
MoviePass reserves the right to change or modify the Service or subscriptions at any time and in its sole discretion, including but not limited to applicable prices, at any time, without prior notice. MoviePass reserves the right to change the rules of movie-going attendance and ticket availability to members in connection with the Service at anytime. MoviePass reserves the right to change from time to time the number of eligible movies a member can see per month. MoviePass reserves the right to offer members a new price option if they exceed watching a certain amount of movies per month. You will be notified of any price changes made to the terms of service prior to your next billing cycle, at which point you would have 14 days to opt-out of the Service and terminate your subscription. MoviePass will not make any changes to your subscription mid-cycle, all changes will be in affect at the start of your next billing cycle. MoviePass is not responsible for theater programming, cancellations, or rescheduled performances


I heard about this. I love how they specify the number of eligible movies you can see before being charged more. It didn't take long for them to begin making changes to the program. For now I'm still going to continue with it.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby sixstringer on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:38 am

Now only $6.95/mo with annual billing.

https://www.moviepass.com
User avatar
sixstringer
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Postby cotis on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 pm

:pint:
sixstringer wrote:Now only $6.95/mo with annual billing.

https://www.moviepass.com


I believe that after a year the normal $10/month kicks in
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3113
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Postby matowest on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 pm

sixstringer wrote:Now only $6.95/mo with annual billing.

https://www.moviepass.com

So, my concern with this...
Part of the appeal for me was the ability to opt out at any time should they decide to radically shift their service agreement fine print around (which they've hinted at) to limit the number of times you can use this as advertised. Obviously, if you front them for a year, you probably won't have a leg to stand on if they alter the arrangement.

EDIT: Found in FAQs...

You may cancel your annual subscription at any time, however, there are no refunds for the remaining unused time on your plan. If you change your mind, you will not be able to set up a new account for 9 months.
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4548
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Does anyone know if current subscribers can do the annual billing at $6.95 per month or is this just for new members?
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby matowest on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Does anyone know if current subscribers can do the annual billing at $6.95 per month or is this just for new members?

You can if you're a current subscriber. It will charge you the $89 the next time you'd normally be charged $9.95, then you won't be charged again for a year.
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4548
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:16 pm

matowest wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Does anyone know if current subscribers can do the annual billing at $6.95 per month or is this just for new members?

You can if you're a current subscriber. It will charge you the $89 the next time you'd normally be charged $9.95, then you won't be charged again for a year.


Gotcha, thanks. I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger on this or stick with my $9.95 a month?
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests