MoviePass

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby 35mmpaul on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 am

nope. each person would need their own account.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby Mapman on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:45 am

35mmpaul wrote:nope. each person would need their own account.

Ok, thanks! 8)
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:54 am

cotis wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:
caseyg1986 wrote:I finally got my card in the mail this week. Planning on catching mother! this weekend at my local AMC, hopefully there aren't any issues.

I got my card on Tuesday, and went to AMC catch mother!, and it worked perfectly. My movie ticket was $11 bucks, so it already paid for itself.

Also, I had an issue with MP, but after many emails and tweets, MP took care of the issue.

care to share what the issue was? haven't signed up yet but I guess I should soon.

You should check it out. I've had it for a week, seen four movies so far and haven't had an issue yet. However, these were all at a Studio Movie Grill as they're the only theater close to me using e-ticketing so I can still use the MoviePass while I wait for my card to come in.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby cotis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
cotis wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:
caseyg1986 wrote:I finally got my card in the mail this week. Planning on catching mother! this weekend at my local AMC, hopefully there aren't any issues.

I got my card on Tuesday, and went to AMC catch mother!, and it worked perfectly. My movie ticket was $11 bucks, so it already paid for itself.

Also, I had an issue with MP, but after many emails and tweets, MP took care of the issue.

care to share what the issue was? haven't signed up yet but I guess I should soon.

You should check it out. I've had it for a week, seen four movies so far and haven't had an issue yet. However, these were all at a Studio Movie Grill as they're the only theater close to me using e-ticketing so I can still use the MoviePass while I wait for my card to come in.

we typically go to the movies only to see things in IMAX, Dolby, etc. so I'm not sure if it's really worth it for us. plus we'd both have to get it to use it...
cotis
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:57 pm

cotis wrote:we typically go to the movies only to see things in IMAX, Dolby, etc. so I'm not sure if it's really worth it for us. plus we'd both have to get it to use it...

Is IMAX and Dolby assigned seating? If not, get MP and just pay for another showing.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:06 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:
cotis wrote:we typically go to the movies only to see things in IMAX, Dolby, etc. so I'm not sure if it's really worth it for us. plus we'd both have to get it to use it...

Is IMAX and Dolby assigned seating? If not, get MP and just pay for another showing.

yup definitely assigned.

buy tickets for one movie and see another??
cotis
Art Expert

Postby PLUSH on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 pm

The only theaters in my area are all Cinemark. No Moviehouse&Eatery or Alamo. :roll:
PLUSH
Art Expert

Postby dryerase on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:01 pm

None of the theaters in my area accept the etickets, so I'm stuck waiting for my card. But no biggie since they don't start the subscription until the card is activated.
dryerase
Art Connoisseur

Postby dweebofthedead on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:42 am

cotis wrote:yup definitely assigned.

buy tickets for one movie and see another??

Used to do it all the time

Also, FYI, my Alamo got added yesterday, but it's not part of the e-ticket option, and you can't buy tickets in advance. Which means you gotta buy tickets there and for that day only.

But I learned a food/beer hack, which I'm gonna try out and see if it works. I'll report back :twisted:
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:01 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:But I learned a food/beer hack, which I'm gonna try out and see if it works. I'll report back :twisted:

Please do as I'm curious
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby cotis on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:50 pm

local theater here (independent place) just posted on FB the link to MoviePass.com. essentially saying "hey use this, it's cheaper for you and you'll still buy our expensive AF popcorn".

thought most theaters were against it cause they're "losing money".
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Codeblue on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:54 pm

They ain't losing fudge. MP still pays them the full ticket price. The concern is that the model isn't sustainable and people will get used to paying less for movie tickets, which will ultimately hurt the theaters if MP fails.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby dryerase on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Just passed the three week mark waiting for my card, but heard a story on NPR about them today, so I expect at least I got in before the real flood gates opened.

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/06/556041256 ... movie-pass
dryerase
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Yesterday was the 3 week mark for me as well with no word on my card. A friend of mine who signed up the day after me got an e-mail saying her card would be sent out. Her husband, who signed up the same day as she did, hasn't received anything yet either. So I have no idea when I'll get my card?
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby dryerase on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:59 pm

They did post an update on their FB page earlier today:

"To the MoviePass Community,
Thank you so much for your patience as we work to get MoviePass cards out as quickly as possible. If you’re waiting for your MoviePass card to arrive in the mail, there are 4 questions that you most likely are asking:
1. When will I get my card?
2. Why is it taking so long?
3. What will you do to improve this for the future?
4. Will I be charged while I am not using the card?
Let us answer those for you.
When
You should be receiving your card shortly. We have confirmed that all back orders and new orders will be filled in the next 10 days at the latest. We are sending emails when your card ships to let you know that it’s on the way.
Why
When we changed our prices, we had no idea how overwhelming the response would be from customers and the press. In fact, we were told that the announcement was the #1 trending consumer news article in the world. Our membership grew by 2300% in 6 weeks.
What
What have we done to ensure we don’t fall behind again? We have massively stocked our card inventory to prevent having backlogs in the future and have additional facilities pressing cards. We have tripled the size of our Customer Service team to be able to respond to needs quicker. We are completely updating our CS tools to make it easier to respond in a timely manner.
Will
You will not be billed while you are waiting for your card to arrive. In certain locations, there are theaters that have e-ticketing available. Goodrich Quality Theaters, Studio Movie Grill, and MJR Theatres support our app’s e-ticketing feature. You can attend these theaters immediately upon sign-up even if you have not received your card. Your account will begin when you make your first e-ticket reservation and that will set your billing date. E-ticketing is at the theater chain's discretion. If you wish to have e-ticketing at theaters near you let the theater know. We will do everything possible to get those theaters live with e-ticketing as soon as possible.
We look forward to you seeing many movies with us and being part of our rapidly growing community.
Thank you,
The MoviePass Team"

Probably should have sent this as an email to new members, but I still chalk this oversight up to massive growing pains.
dryerase
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV