MoviePass

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby sixstringer on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:23 am

Just signed up. It says I'll have my card in 7 days. We'll see.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby 35mmpaul on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:19 am

Codeblue wrote:Can't see how this fudge is sustainable but duke has been successful as "disrupting" movie related fudge in the past. Luls @ counting on poors in Omaha and Kansas City to sustain your business model.

Mitch the current CEO did not start the company. He came on much later. It was around for 4-5 years before he came on.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:09 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Irishman12 wrote: Also, I heard you can't see the same movie twice with it? Is that true too?

They actually changed it recently where I think you can check into the same movie more than once. Used it to see Dunkirk twice in IMAX

Awesome. Thanks! I might have to use it this weekend. Going to see IT for a second time and I'm going to check out MOTHER as well. From what I was reading online, you have to wait 5 to 7 business days to receive your Movie Pass card? And until that time you have to pay out of pocket for the movies and then Movie Pass will reimburse you once your card arrives? Is that correct?
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby dryerase on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Signed up yesterday, they've been giving 2-3 week estimates for cards. Hope it's on the shorter end of that.
dryerase
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:19 pm

I just signed up yesterday too. Tomorrow will be my first time trying it. There's a local theater near me that does e-ticketing so I can still use the pass while I'm waiting for my card to come in.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby xangelx on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Got my card after about 3 weeks. Used it today for the first time. Worked great, only thing I was apparently confused about was that I thought once I reserved a ticket I just went in and had them swipe and you get your ticket. No, they won't see an order. You basically have to act as if you are purchasing the ticket and paying with your card.

Not sure if this will work at the ticket kiosks but I'll try it soon.

Hooray!

Also I loved Mother!
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby 35mmpaul on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 pm

it works at kiosks.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:51 am

I tried it this weekend at Studio Movie Grill and didn't have any issues. I saw IT and MOTHER! However, this is the only theater close to me at the moment that is accepting e-ticketing since I still have to wait for my card. But so far, so good! I'm hoping to see BIRTH OF A DRAGON tomorrow and then KINGSMAN this weekend.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby artberry on Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Used it once to see Wind River last Friday at a Regal.

The woman taking payment was already very familiar with MoviePass and said she had seen many cards coming through recently.

I couldn't get it to work, but I guess the app needed to be shut down and restarted...after that it worked fine.

I can see though that I'm not going nearly as much as I thought I would. Will at least get my money's worth, though.
artberry
Art Connoisseur

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:38 pm

artberry wrote:Used it once to see Wind River last Friday at a Regal.

The woman taking payment was already very familiar with MoviePass and said she had seen many cards coming through recently.

I couldn't get it to work, but I guess the app needed to be shut down and restarted...after that it worked fine.

I can see though that I'm not going nearly as much as I thought I would. Will at least get my money's worth, though.

I'm actually using it more than I originally thought I would. I signed up last Thursday and have seen three movies with it already (and seeing one tonight, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday too). At least that's the plan.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby caseyg1986 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 am

I finally got my card in the mail this week. Planning on catching mother! this weekend at my local AMC, hopefully there aren't any issues.
caseyg1986
Art Connoisseur

Postby dweebofthedead on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:25 am

caseyg1986 wrote:I finally got my card in the mail this week. Planning on catching mother! this weekend at my local AMC, hopefully there aren't any issues.

I got my card on Tuesday, and went to AMC catch mother!, and it worked perfectly. My movie ticket was $11 bucks, so it already paid for itself.

Also, I had an issue with MP, but after many emails and tweets, MP took care of the issue.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:23 am

dweebofthedead wrote:
caseyg1986 wrote:I finally got my card in the mail this week. Planning on catching mother! this weekend at my local AMC, hopefully there aren't any issues.

I got my card on Tuesday, and went to AMC catch mother!, and it worked perfectly. My movie ticket was $11 bucks, so it already paid for itself.

Also, I had an issue with MP, but after many emails and tweets, MP took care of the issue.

care to share what the issue was? haven't signed up yet but I guess I should soon.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby dweebofthedead on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:04 am

cotis wrote:care to share what the issue was? haven't signed up yet but I guess I should soon.

When I signed up,it keep giving me errors, so I put in a different email address, but it ended up charging my debit card twice and at the end of the day I had two separate accounts and I got two debit cards later on.

I sent many emails to cancel my second account, and to refund me the $9.95, but didn't hear back.

I tried calling, but when you call it's just a voice message stating to email them at [email protected] for issues.

I then tried tweeting their CS, and they would tweet back saying to DM them my info, but I couldn't DM unless they followed me, which they never did.

But finally, someone saw my emails, and corrected the issue. No biggie. I figured they got swamped when they first announced the price change.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Postby Mapman on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 am

I assume only one person can use it at a time?

Anyone know if they have plans for a family pass, really the only movies I see are with my kids these days.
Mapman
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV