MoviePass

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby michaelmillichamp on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:08 pm

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.sinemia.com

I'd steer clear after the MoviePass fiasco.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Postby sixstringer on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:28 am

sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:43 pm

I hope the unlimited plan comes back and applies to all users as I still haven't cancelled my MP yet.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby dskdaniel on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Yeah, its definitely not going to come back for anyone who actually uses Moviepass more than 3 times a month.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Postby sixstringer on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Saw this on the app today.

BONUS MOVIES!

Movies with the "Bonus" label do not count toward your monthly movie limit!*

You can also check into Bonus movies for free after you have reached your monthly plan cap.**
sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby xangelx on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:34 pm

sixstringer wrote:Saw this on the app today.

BONUS MOVIES!

Movies with the "Bonus" label do not count toward your monthly movie limit!*

You can also check into Bonus movies for free after you have reached your monthly plan cap.**

Saw Monsters and Men today as a bonus movie. Great film.
xangelx
Art Expert

"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion

Postby dskdaniel on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:01 pm

They realized their new drymounting over of customers prevented us from seeing movies MoviePass was partially backing, thus Bonus Movies were born.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Postby sixstringer on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:13 am

"Woof! I’m Chloe, the Director of Barketing at MoviePass.
I’d like to explain why from time to time you may have had a “ruff” experience with us but it turns out that I’m a dog and I can’t talk.
What I do know is that I see these humans working like crazy to make MoviePass better and better for you as fast as possible.
They are so grateful for your membership and support while they work it out.
We’re listening.
We’re learning.
We’re changing."

:hanging:
So glad I stopped paying these clowns months ago. In my area things got so bad there were literally no available screenings for days, or screening would be available in the app but when I showed up at the theater they'd be gone.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:26 pm

I still have mine and plan on using it this weekend. I understand the need to dial it back to 3 movies a month. But I think a lot of people are frustrated why MoviePass picks which movies are available on which days. If I only have 3 movies for the month, let me decide which day and time I want to see it and not you. They're really shooting themselves in the foot with this. I'm curious what they're subscription numbers look like now?

I've had AMC A-List for a few months now and have had no issues whatsoever. In fact, one of the biggest perks has been purchasing tickets anywhere, not driving to the theater to check-in. So convenient!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:48 pm

And I wasn't able to use my MoviePass at all as basically all the theaters around me had no screenings available. Anybody else experiencing this?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby FrankBooth on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Stop giving them $
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby Irishman12 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:10 pm

FrankBooth wrote:Stop giving them $

That's pretty much where I'm at. However, like everyone else, I got the same e-mail. Wonder what "changes" their going to implement? I honestly haven't tried to use the card in almost a month as I use my AMC A-List now. However, I had my 3 movies for this week accounted for and was going to supplement the other movies I wanted to see with MoviePass.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby toobs on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Irishman12 wrote:And I wasn't able to use my MoviePass at all as basically all the theaters around me had no screenings available. Anybody else experiencing this?

been like this for a month or 2 now they are fcuking millions over, i pre-payed my year subscription which will be up at the end of this month. Even when they say a movie is available to watch when you arrive to the theater it says no movies are available. What a scam, its crazy how these guys aren't being sued for every penny they stole or rotting in jail for a long time.
toobs
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:07 pm

I was surprised because even with the new changes, Studio Movie Grill always had every listing available, even if other theaters didn't (such as AMC, Cinemark, etc). But SMG was the same, nothing was available and that's where I was planning on using it.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby jmagee87 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:31 pm

toobs wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:And I wasn't able to use my MoviePass at all as basically all the theaters around me had no screenings available. Anybody else experiencing this?

been like this for a month or 2 now they are fcuking millions over, i pre-payed my year subscription which will be up at the end of this month. Even when they say a movie is available to watch when you arrive to the theater it says no movies are available. What a scam, its crazy how these guys aren't being sued for every penny they stole or rotting in jail for a long time.

Same. There's been more than once that I check it first thing in the morning and then when I get to the theater there's no showings available of anything. It's been completely unusable for me for a few months now.
jmagee87
Art Expert

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Previous

Return to Cinema/TV